3: Love is not Exclusive

A/N: this is based of a fanfiction I've read here entitled Love is not exclusive by Unadith Greenleaf though I didn't give them the ability to feel each other's feelings like that of a soul bond since, well, I go for the drama. When I was halfway the first chapters I had left my phone on the table and sighed. It was night so I thought, what could happen if they cannpt feel what Legolas feel for Estel? What if he had faded without them knowing? I felt the pain and used it to imagine what could happen and here it is.

**

If indeed the reason for Aragorn to marry Legolas was to prevent Arwen from fading when he passed away, then it will be what he does. The elven prince walked through the poor lighted hallway to trace his way to the stables and hopefully flee for Mirkwood without anyone knowing it.

Contrary to the vow he had taken the day Aragorn was coronated and wedded, he doesn't have to be with them until Aragorn dies because- he swore to help Arwen when her husband dies, not to reveal his love for Aragorn and certainly not to love Aragorn.

And, it's not like their bond is something to be felt or shared through an invisible thread. Their own isn't like of werebeasts, whose bond connects two souls that lets them feel what the other feels. For the elven prince, it is a gift to not be a werebeast, so he can have the freedom to look at Aragorn as lovingly as he had always been and the other wouldn't notice it. He can hug him as tight as he could like the king will be torn from him and the other would mistake it as a great surge of emotion.

No, and yet Arwen had seen through everything he had done and said nothing. He just happened to know because despite her polite gestures, her eyes scans his soul as if she had figured what nestle deep in his heart. So, shame and guilt eating his heart away, he hid himself from everyone and be the wedded elf he was supposed to be. For the weeks that passed, he began to sleep with his eyes closed, he began to pale and the smiles he had given Aragorn were not as bright as the king remembered.

The archer requested to return to his adar, a short visit to see what they can do about the concerns of Aragorn for his health. Sadness and plea was etched in Legolas' eyes when he looked over to Arwen, and immediately she knew she have to help him through and pursuaded her husband that he will be fine by himself which Legolas gave her a thankful smile. One brighter than the one he gave to Estel, but a smile none the less.

Before they knew it, Legolas had faded into the arms of his father and whenever they would ask where the elf might flee, Thranduil would glare at Aragorn but never to give him the location of his now dead son.