It was a normal Monday that I needed to work at the job that I didn't really enjoy. But what can I do? I need the money. So I got up, got ready and left for work as a waitress at a pretty fancy restaurant. I mean the work was okay I have cool coworkers and they pay good compared to other jobs.
Another perk is that the restaurant is located in Boston, so at least in a nice city. I lived in Boston since three years so the city kind of grew close to my heart.

As I entered the restaurant at 4 PM it was nearly empty the people having lunch nearly all were gone already, just a few were sticking around.

Hey Cate" I heard Rachel shout from the kitchen.

Rachel was my lovely coworker that grew to be one of my best friends... I mean my only best friend because I hadn't that many friends at all. I was never popular or the kind of girl everybody wanted to hang around with. I had maybe two good friends, if I can call them so but I'm not in contact with them anymore so I think they really don't count. But that's really my fault too... I think... do I can't complain that much about it, but I will come to that later.

Hey Rache." I responded. „How was you weekend?"

Ahh you know, the usual." she said with a very happy face.

Rachel spend every free minute of hers with her boyfriend, they were really cute together no one could separate them. They were together for almost 5 years, and I hope their love story never ends because that would even hurt me so bad I don't think I would recover from that.

How was yours?" Rachel asked still with a big smile on her face.

It was okay, I was reading a lot pretty much just helped Jackson study so he will pass his exams."
Jackson is my sixteen year old brother that I kind of live with at the moment.

He's a Junior in High School and I need to say pretty smart, but I like to take credit for that because everything he knows is because of me.

I needed to be like a parent to him since our parents died two and a half years ago in a horrible plane crash. Just a little after we all moved together to Boston. They were flying to Russia where we lived before we came to the US, my mom was from Russia and my dad lived in Boston his whole life.

He went on a business trip to Russia and met my mom there, they always said it was Love at first sight, which I could really buy because they looked always so in love even when they were fighting they looked like the best couple together.

So when they flew back to Russia, they never landed at the airport, on that particular day the doorbell rang and in the moment I saw the police officers stand infront of the door my whole world shattered into million pieces. But I needed to stay strong for Jackson even though I was just 21 years old.

Now I'm 24 and since then Jackson wandered back and forth from our home and our Aunts because her son, our cousin is in the same age as Jackson. Aunt May is the sister of my dad, she has a big house and just one kid so she loves it when Jackson stays at her place. I live in a not so big but beautiful flat that is not even 10 minutes away from my work, so I don't need a car to get there.

I looked at Rachel and her big stupid smile and just needed to smile instantly. „Why the hell are you smiling like an idiot?" i asked her.

Look for yourself." she said and held her hand right infront of my face.

OH MY GOD!" I screamed „When did that happen?"

Saturday night. We were having dinner and after that we walked to the beautiful spot from where you could see the entire city shining. So when we looked at the city and enjoyed the view I wanted to ask him something so I turned around where I thought he was standing. And when I saw him he was kneeling and held a beautiful ring in his hand and asked if I will spend the rest of my life together with him."

I mean it was about time. But really I'm so happy for you Rache. For you both y'all are the perfect couple." I said and hugged her right.

Thank you so much, im still overwhelmed." she said. „But I need to ask you a really important question."

Okay. Just ask." I said a little sceptical.

Will you be my bridesmaid of honor?"

Of course." I anderes full of happiness. „It would be my pleasure."

After her surprise we talked a little bit, but after that the restaurant got so full we didn't even get the chance to say goodbye to each other, because her shift ended. My shift wouldn't end until 1 AM.
And it was only 9 PM... this would be a long nigh.

Now it was already 12 AM and my feet were killing me, today the restaurant was overbooked and I was alone to mange it all since the other coworker was sick.
But I got through it and after my 10 minute walk I was finally home. I showered and went straight to bed.