pause before you run again ↠ soarindash

author's note

happy birthday to my bestie mycloudominuim!! sorry this took so long but here it is!

also for the rest of the teals gc (LezFleetHeThey and -simplicitae-), ilysm i hope you guys enjoy too :]

+

moodboard

+

PAUSE BEFORE YOU RUN AGAIN

eqg

soarindash   •   6.5k

Four times Soarin just wants someone to hold him and one time he actually asks for it.

+

1

Maybe Soarin Skies is a little clingy.

Even when he shouldn't be – he's the one that's busy – he's always been one to willingly follow oxytocin wherever it is so long as he has it for a few seconds. He likes the warmth of someone's chest against him, arms tight and squeezing him like he's a kitten that just won't stop being cute. Soarin is giddy whenever he receives affection at his doorstep, failing to hold back that certain smile people say reaches his eyes and maybe it's an impulsive response but he feels good; that's all he wants.

The warmth he's in now, uncomfortable, wet and weirdly cold at the same time, isn't what he's looking for. It's the tired sort of warmth, not something he's necessarily craving after. His eyes blur every now and then when he stares at the ceiling. Soarin's arms are practically dead weight, the muscles in his thighs fuzzy, vibrating in exhaustion. Everything is a little too humid for that type of closeness, someone holding him, but the desire in his system doesn't seem to understand that.

Conversation is faint and inaudible at times, more so when Soarin brings himself to close his eyes. His head lolls to his right on the floor. He probably looks hilarious splayed out on the floor like this. Plus, there's a shiver of anxiety whenever he hears footsteps close to his body. It's whatever.

He thinks he hears a giggle. It's low, velvety and recognisable. Familiar scents follow above him. The light passing through his closed eyelids darkens, causing him to shift a little.