mall journey mishaps ⇝ rarity & flash sentry

author's note

the lesbian and bisexual boy dynamic that i want to write more of

this is similar to those eqg better together episodes where rarity films videos! i imagine she has a youtube channel and basically flash just makes another cameo bc they're besties

ib: nailea devora's youtube video "changing my appearance thanks to my stalker"

+

MALL JOURNEY MISHAPS

Rarity & Flash Sentry

a clip from: pretty blue boy from two videos ago drives us to the mall – not clickbait

"Hi guys, Flash picked me up!" Rarity told the camera with a smile, leaning against the passenger seat. Her grin faltered a little when Flash stayed exactly where he was. "Flash, darling, come into the frame."

Rarity watched Flash who was definitely not in the frame. Maybe his left shoulder was but he just hid from the camera, a very Flash Sentry thing to do. He looked at her, a smile breaking from his face the longer he stared.

Snickers burst out of Rarity's mouth as she smacked her backhand into her other palm. "Just come in!"

Flash laughed too, finally moving into the frame. The back of his head hit the headrest, a hand coming up to cover his eyes. "I hate being on camera."

Rarity sat properly while still giggling, fixing her hair. "Okay, so Flash and I are going to the mall to get my eyebrows done and his ears pierced!" She clapped excitedly.

"Yup. Look, I haven't got my eyebrows done in a month," Flash said as he moved closer to the camera to check. Rarity also leaned closer to the camera, their ears touching. "I think I have a slight unibrow at the moment."

They stayed silent for a second as Flash squinted at the camera, to which Rarity turned to him in a sudden movement, looking directly at his eyebrows. "Do you?"

"Yeah," he replied, turning to her too and pressing his lips together. Rarity fixated her gaze onto his eyebrows and he wasn't wrong but it was barely noticeable. Flash collapsed against his seat, fingers playing with the wheel. "Also, I didn't tell eomma that I'm getting my ears pierced." He tossed a smirk at Rarity whose eyes widened.

"Are you serious?"

"I mean, not that I need to tell her, I'm an eighteen-year-old," he sang at the end.

"Yeah, I've seen what kind of eighteen-year-old you are."

"Oh, shut up," Flash said playfully. "In all seriousness though, uh, I don't know how she'll react." He pulled at his seatbelt, clicking it into place. Rarity got the signal and did the same. "She'll probably scold me in Korean, she knows I find her scary when she speaks with that accent," Flash joked.

"You're making jokes out of this now, sweetheart, but watch you start crying when it actually happens." He laughed with his whole body, swatting Rarity's shoulder. His fingers reached for the keys, starting the car up. "Are you thinking of getting lobe piercings only?" Rarity asked him while her focus remained on the camera, making sure it didn't fall as Flash drove. "For goodness sake, stop shaking," she chided at the camera, trying to steady it.

Flash kept his eyes on the road. "That as well as a helix on my left ear. But I heard that one hurts," he said, whining a little at the end. He took his right hand off the steering wheel, touching that top part of his ear. "I'm kinda scared." He bared his teeth, but then cocked his head. "Should I?"

"They'll look nice on you!"

"You think?"

"Darling, I know they'll look good on you. Besides, there are a bunch of earrings I want you to try, so win-win!"

Flash rolled his eyes and shook his head but a smile played on his lips. He took a glance at the camera. "Goddamn it, I'm gonna have to drive slow." Just as he said that, the device toppled forward and into the centre console. "Agh, fuck!"

"Hey! My channel is family friendly!"

"It's not, but okay," Flash muttered.

"It is!"

"It literally isn't. Wasn't that cameo I made in that video of yours just me cussing?"

"N—" Rarity scrunched her nose when she couldn't come up with anything to counter that.

Flash was right – she had filmed one time of them walking to school together and Flash was just going on. Cranky Flash wasn't someone she wanted to encounter ever again but it made for good YouTube content, for two minutes or so. Rarity crossed her arms and sulked in her seat, fiddling with the camera and mumbling a series of aggravated noises under her breath.

"I'm right, aren't I?"

"Shush."

Flash giggled.

There was a pause as he focused on driving. Rarity made sure to remind herself to only add the funny bits of the drive into the video, since a lot of this banter was normal and she was sure no one would want to watch Rarity and Flash Sentry being Rarity and Flash Sentry. Speaking of the video, Rarity snapped her fingers. "Should I film your mother's reaction?"

He raised a brow at her. "If you wanna humiliate my Asian ass on the internet, then go ahead."

"Okay!" Rarity gave him a sweet, toothy grin and Flash stared at her with shocked eyes.

"Wait—no, I was kidding, no, don't do that, I swear to god—"

Rarity threw her head back against the glass. "I'm pulling your leg, calm down," she giggled, punching his arm.

"I hate you."

"Love you too, darling."

"No, you just love me because I'm your clickbait."

"Now, now, Flash, don't go telling my viewers my secret."