Chapter 4

Coralsong returned a few hours after leaving for the patrol. She came back to find Fallenpaw teaching all the kits how to pounce on feathers while Gemkit watches, enraptured, from the entrance to the medicine den.

"That's it, you've got it!" Fallenpaw purrs as Fluffykit leaps on one of the feathers. He grins at his sister.

***

The moon rose high over the camp. It was nearly full. The Meeting will be soon. Fallenpaw admires the moon. Distantly, she recalls a story Emberwing told her and her denmates when they were fairly young kits. Maybe two moons of age. Something about the missing sun and moon sisters. It's an old BirchClan legend that Emberwing was fond of. He had many friends in the other Clans due to WillowClan's late reformation. WillowClan was sort of a mismatch of both RowanClan and BirchClan. Flamestar took inspiration from both when he started leading his small Clan. He would be proud to see how big the Clan had gotten.

"Are you going to stay out all night long, or are you going to come in and sleep?" Greypaw's voice draws Fallenpaw's attention.

"Coming," Fallenpaw meows.

She slips back into the den with her friend. She glances around the den. It felt empty without Patchheart. Luckily, some of the kits would be old enough to be apprentices soon, so it wouldn't be empty for much longer.

Fallenpaw curls up in her nest and closes her eyes. She quickly falls asleep.

***

"... allenpaw! Fallenpaw!"

Fallenpaw jerks awake at the voice screaming her name. It wasn't a voice she recognized, and the scent didn't smell like any cat she knew. The pink-ish-red she-cat opens her amber eyes blearily. A tom about her age with light grey fur that was splotched with an off-red stood above her. His amber eyes were wide as he prods her with his paw.

"Thank SpiritClan you're awake," he sighs. "I have an important message to give you, and I don't have much time left!"

"What the-?" Fallenpaw realizes she isn't in camp anymore, but a starry meadow. "Am I DEAD?! And who are you?"

"You're not dead. I'm Flickerpaw," the tom meows. "But you know me as Flickerkit, that's the name I died with."

"Flick- Greypaw's brother?" Fallenpaw asks.

"Yes! Now listen to me!" Flickerpaw begs. "When fallen feathers stir the storm, clouds will cover the moon and lead grey astray!"

"What does that mean?"

"Flickerpaw!"

"Oh no! It's Pineleg!" Flickerpaw curses. "I'm not supposed to be out of camp! Just remember what I said, Fallenpaw, it's important!"

"Flickerpaw, where are you?!"

Suddenly, Fallenpaw gasps awake.

"Whoa," Greypaw stumbles a little.

"S-sorry," Fallenpaw mumbles.

"It's ok. You were mumbling in your sleep. Bad dream?"

"Yeah. But it's over now. Let's go find Silverstripe and Darkfur."