Chapter 13

The patrol returned to camp just as the sun began to dip towards the hills. There were cats sitting around the camp, talking and sharing tongues when they arrived.

"Fallenpaw!" a voice exclaims.

Fallenpaw sets Silver down and grins as she sees her little siblings rushing at her. They tackle her to the ground.

"Fallenpaw! We were so worried!" Spotkit squeals.

"Hey!" Fallenpaw purrs. "I missed you guys too."

She gets to her paws, with her siblings bouncing around her. The other cats in the clearing seemed to have heard them, as they started surrounding the patrol. The cats were all meowing over each other when there was another, louder meow.

"Move!" Blueheart's voice demands.

The cats part, letting Blueheart and Whitestar through. Silverstripe followed quickly behind. She looked tired, but her eyes were lit up with happiness.

"Fallenpaw, where have you been?!" Blueheart's voice was stern and angry, but she still looked relieved.

"I'm sorry, I tried to get back, but I was scared they'd try to kill me," Fallenpaw meows a little too softly to be heard over the cats chattering on and on. "The cats who had me, that is."

"What cats?" Silverstripe spoke up. Her voice sounded hoarse, like she hadn't spoken much in the week Fallenpaw had been gone.

"Some rogues..." Fallenpaw mumbles. She wasn't sure she wanted to reveal that her sister was really alive yet.

"How did you get away?" Whitestar questions, looking a little skeptical.

"They were done with me so they let me go," the pink-ish-red she-cat meows.

Coralsong nods in agreement. "Two rogues were waiting with her."

"And what about-"

"Listen, I know you're wanting to know where my daughter has been, but she just got home. I'm sure she's tired," Coralsong meows, something in her eyes looking dangerous.

"Coralsong-"

"Good day, Whitestar," and with that, Coralsong ushered Fallenpaw into the apprentices' den.

Fallenpaw was surprised to see five more nests in the den than there were when she left.

"Did I miss their apprentice ceremony?" Fallenpaw turns to ask her mother.

Coralsong nods. "They became full apprentices yesterday. Now, you get some rest, I'll take that kit you brought with you to the nursery. I'm sure Violetstorm would love to take care of her."

"Thanks, Mom," Fallenpaw lies down in her nest.

***

Fallenpaw woke up to a yowl from outside. She gets to her paws and stumbles out of the den. Whitestar was standing on the HighRock with the ring of cats gathering. Fallenpaw hurries to join them.

"As many of you know, a patrol returned earlier today with our missing apprentice, Fallenpaw. She is safe and unharmed," Whitestar meows. "And we seemed to have gained a new member of our Clan as well as getting Fallenpaw back. This kit came back home with her and has been staying with Violetstorm up until this point. I have decided that this kit can stay with us. We always need new cats in the Clan. although we will need to know her name."