March 8, 2010

Today, Birdie and I decided to skip school. Yeah we're freshman and yeah we've only been in school for six minths, but honestly, summer couldn't come any sooner and we need a break. High school is a lot harder than they make you think. Especially an all girls high school, where girl's literally start so much drama over boys that we never see.

Seeing as we're freshman and don't know how to drive, we asked Birdie's older sister, Winnie, if she would drive us. She was in. She wanted to meet up with her boyrfriend anyway. 

After we called the school, telling them we would be out, we put on spring dresses and drove to the mall. No uniforms, no fancy shoes, no girl drama. Just us, soaking up the sun.

We came to the mall, but didn't feel like spending money on a ton of expensive clothes, seeing as we can't even wear them until the summer. So we went to the food court to get lunch. You would think it would just be the two of us, scarfing Panda Express. That's what I thought too. We were all way wrong. 

A boy. That I've never seen before. Walked over and sat down. Like we knew him and was expecting us to be there. He sat next to Birdie, across from me. So I assumed he was there to talk to Birdie. Wrong again.

"Sorry to interrupt your lunch, I just couldn't help but notice you had two extra seats." Birdie and I looked around. "Only seems to be one of you," she said sarcastically. "Well, I gotta put my feet up, don't I?" I heard the chair next to me move as he put his feet up. "Can we help you with something?" My day might have either just been made or destroyed. "Just wanted to know if you had my number? No of course you don't. You don't even know me. So I thought I'd give it to you." He held his hand out, waiting for me to give him my phone. Birdie smiled and gave me a few little nods. I had no idea what to do.

"Do I look like some easy target for you? Are you a hit it and quit it type of guy? And I'm not afraid to tell you that, that's the reason I don't know my father." He put his hand down. "Did I ask you for sex? I just asked if you wanted my number." He was right. And I felt kinda bad. So I gave him my phone."Alright then....Beckett." He smiled. "So you'll text me then, uh...?" I smiled back. "Trixie." And at the mention, he stood up and walked away.

hey just wanted to clarify that if the chapter has a date from a past year on the top, it means it's one of Trixie's diary entries. if it's 2015 then it's Birdie talking in the present. just wanted to clarify. hope you liked it!! love ya lots<3