September 19, 2013

guys this is going against what I said the chapters would be like but it kind of isn't so just bare with me.

Birdie's POV

Now that Trixie is engaged to Beckett, I'm having to take on the role she promised me years ago. Maid of Honor.

According to my mother and Winnie, being a maid of honor is one of the most stressful titles in history. I went on believing their words were true. Until I realized that I was Trixie's maid of honor. Trixie who has done everything by herself since she was eight years old. I got this.

"Alright, I have the venue for the engagement party. And I have the guest list for it. So all I need you to do is call the venue and get a date and then we can make the invitations."

"Alright, uh no problem."

This is going to be easy. I just have to do what Trixie tells me to do? And they thought I would be stressed out.

two weeks later

I'm stressed out. People are arriving early for the party. Trixie and Beckett are stuck in traffic in two different cars. Half the food the restaurant made burned in the oven. Meanwhile I'm running around like an uptight chipmunk trying to make sure everything is just as it should be.

"You need some help?"

The deep voice caused me to turn around as I tried to lift two dinner chairs to a different table.

"Um yeah thank you."

He nodded and grabbed one of the chairs, following me over to the next table. I set the chair down with a huff and pushed my hair back out of my face.

"So I'm gonna go ahead and assume you're Trixie's maid of honor?"

I took a step back with wide eyes, alarmed at his "introduction."

"That depends on how you knew that."

He chuckled and looked down.

"I'm Tanner. I'm Beckett's best man."

"Oh, okay. Um yeah I'm the maid of honor. I'm Birdie."

"Birdie. I like it."

I gave him a small smile before turning around to go to the kitchen. And he followed me.

"So how long have you known Trixie?"

"Since birth. What about you and Beckett?"

"Elementary school. After he moved we kept contact and then he recruited me for this shindig."

"I guess it kind of makes sense though. Beckett only has a sister, Trixie only has a brother."

"Speaking of Beckett and Trixie, where are they?"

"They're both stuck in traffic. They're going to be late to their own engagement party. This is what we have to expect on their wedding day I guess."

"Elizabeth, help me please."

Mom walked in with three big boxes stacked on top of each other. I went over and grabbed a box off the top before she set the other two down.

"Mom first off, Birdie please. Second, what is all of this? This is the engagement party."

"Trixie specifically asked for her mom's old party decorations. And I had to go through three different storage lockers to find them. We aren't just gonna cast them off to the side."

"Alright then. I guess we're putting up more decorations."

"Let me help you with those."

"Well aren't you just a helping hand."

Tanner smiled before grabbing two boxes and walking off with them.

"Who is he," Mom asked me.

"Tanner. He's Beckett's best man."

"He's cute. I think he likes you."

"Really?"

I watched as he began to unload the decorations and hand them to the decorators.

No one has ever liked me before. At least not that I know if. And he seems.....different.

Trixie's POV

We finally made it to the party. All of the guests had already arrived. Everyones seemed to be enjoying themselves. Including Birdie and Tanner.

I walked over to Beckett at out little table, and handed him a fork. We both looked over at Birdie and Tanner sitting on barstools, while Tanner spun her around making her life like a child. They were talking and laughing. They looked so happy.

"Told you. I knew they'd hit it off."

"Trixie, who was denying they wouldn't?"

"Everybody...I mean come on a quiet shy introvert like Birdie with a wild rebel like Tanner? Who would've thought?"

"Can we just focus on the fact that we set them up without them knowing and it finally worked for both of them?"

"Yeah. I can't believe we tried setting them up with other people. Why didn't we just put them together first?"

"And that my dear fiancé, is how this conversation got started in the first place."

"Yeah. Who knows though? Maybe one day this'll be them. Happy and in love. About to get married. I still can't believe we're getting married."

"I can't either."

"I love you Beckett."

"I love you too."