January 4, 2001

Today, Mommy let Birdie come over to play with me and Trace. Birdie brought the new Barbie dolls she got for Christmas and Trace brought his new superhero dolls into my room. We came up with a new game called "Princesses and Superheroes." It's so fun.

Trace made his Superman give my Cinderella doll and Birdie's Ariel doll magic powers so they could fly. But we kept knocking each other over. So we went to run around in the living room. 

When we got to the living room, Daddy told us to be careful to not knock anything over. We told him we wouldn't. We're big kids now, we have to be careful.

Birdie and Trace were by the fireplace while I hid behind the TV so they couldn't find me. We were playing hide and seek. 

I saw Trace look the TV table and he saw me. So I ran out from behind it. I didn't know where to go. So I jumped behind the table with Mommy's new vase on it. 

"Haha Trace, you can't get me! You can't get me!" 

He poked his Superman under the table to try and touch my leg. 

"Trixie come on! You're daddy said not to break your mommy's new vase." I

 turned to look at Birdie. 

"Birdie, we aren't gonna break it. Look I'm stopping."

 I came out from behind the table. When Trace stood up all the way, he bumped the table, and the vase fell off. It broke in ten thousand pieces.

Trace started to cry when it happened. Birdie came over to him and gave him a hug to try and make him feel better. Then Mommy came in.

Trace turned to look at her and started crying even more. 

"I'm sorry Mommy." 

I thought Mommy was gonna get really mad at him. But she walked over and gave him a hug. 

"It's okay, honey. It's just a vase. I'm just glad you told me the truth." 

He kept crying and Mommy got on her knees so she was as tall as him. 

"Trace, baby it's okay. It's just a vase. Don't mourn what you broke or it'll break you. Okay? It's okay." 

She gave him one last hug before telling us to go outside and play.

Trace didn't want to play anymore.

hey guys so the last line of this is supposed to represent Trace in the last chapter. the way he stopped life becuase he felt sorry for himself. and also it's not a typo this chapter is in 2001. I tried to write like a little kid but it's kind of hard so that's my best shot. hope you liked this chapter!