Animal abuse 101

Today was the day Jotaro would leave his house to go imprison wild animals and force them to battle each other for his own gain and reputation. 

He had done some research on Mudkip's abilities, and pokemon in general, learning that there were a few battling rules, and it sucked ass.

You could only carry six pokemon with you at all times. If you catch more than six, it would automatically teleport to your assigned professor's special pokemon garden, where he can send it back in return for another pokemon in your team through the PC communication system.

A pokemon wasn't allowed to use two attacks in a row, so he had to let his opponent use a move apart from special occasions when the target flinches, uses certain moves, or has a status condition.

Sounds easy, right? 

That's what Jotaro had thought, but he was wrong.

One pokemon could only learn 4 moves at once. These moves are usually self-taught by pokemon, which means Jotaro would need to remember all these goddamn moves and guess what they are as they constantly develop and change as his pokemon grow stronger. This was literal hell.

He would need to learn all sorts of types and how they worked, 18 of them to be clear, and they all had advantages and disadvantages against each other.

Plus, he would need to walk through the entire island or ride a bike, which he could not afford or even buy from the town he was living in.

He had only just realized what exactly he had forced upon himself. He had no idea how to cook, how to build a tent, how to be kind to others, or the patience to pee in the middle of a bunch of bushes for the few next months, or even years of his life.

Oh well, there was nothing he could do anymore. He had a starter, and he had accepted a challenge, so there he was, standing in front of his new yet old house, looking at it one last time before taking a deep breath and starting to head out into the forest where his new destination was Odale Town. 

Thankfully, this was only about an hour long walk since the town was very close to Littleroot. Within a few minutes of starting to walk around Route 101 he suddenly felt a pain shoot up leg. As he made a small yelp in surprise and pain, he looked down to see a poochyena biting on his leg, growling as it did so, glaring at Jotaro. It was known that Route 101 was a poochyena territory and they tended to attack people sometimes.

"Ow, let go, you ugly mutt." Jotaro brought his leg up, wiggling it around to make the dog let go of his pants, and it did, only to get in fighting position and make a small roar-like cry.

"Shut up."  Jotaro scoffed, kicking the poochyena right in the face. 

The poochyena let out a pained cry, stumbling backward before managing to balance itself and run away.

"Hey, you're not supposed to fight them like that!" 

Jotaro heard a weird-accented, unrecognizable voice behind his back, turning to face a tall guy around his age with a big white pole as hair and tight black shirt and leggings accompanied with a grey-ish belt with pokeballs hanging from it. He didn't look very happy to see Jotaro kicking dogs.

"Who the hell are you?"  Jotaro questioned, furrowing his brows as he tensed up, looking like he was ready to punch the guy's face in.

"I'm Jean Pierre Polnareff. I believe you are uhm...Fartass..? Noriaki said it was a foreign name. Where are you from?" He made a light smile at Jotaro as he held out his hand for him to shake.

"Oh my god, that idiot..." Jotaro grumbled, shaking Polnareff's hand. "My name is Jotaro, and I moved here from the Unova region."

"Oh really?! That's so cool! What's it like over there?" Polnareff questioned excitedly.