Chapter 10

Savvy and Ryan on the cover dressed up for their date!

That one knock on the door had us all in a big trouble. Standing next to me were the two people who could get us all in deep shit! On one hand, there was Savvy who was dressed as a bride, while on the other hand, we had our Richie Rich, who was nothing less than a disaster. We stood there like statues, unable to come up with any lie. We kept looking at each other as none of us knew what to do. My hands started shaking and my feet felt like jelly. I couldn't stand properly anymore. The worst of all was Savvy because she pretended to be sick and now she's all dolled up for a date! Now I think the date of their date will always be remembered by all 3 of us.

Just then an idea struck me. Without giving it a second thought, I pushed Savvy on the bed and she fell flat on her back. Before she could even protest, I covered her with blanket, with only her face popping out. I gestured Ryan to hide in my closet. I knew it was the stupidest of the ideas but that was all I could come up with. Ryan quickly opened my closet and was met by all my Victoria Secret stuff. He swiftly climbed inside it, not before giving me one of his devilish smirk. At that time, all I could do was sneer at him before shutting the closet.

The banging on the door was getting louder and I knew Katty was getting impatient now. I composed myself before opening the door wide open for Katty to march in.

"What the hell is wrong with you, Jennifer? I've been knocking on the door for so long!! Are you deaf????", she screamed all at once.

"Katty, relax!", I gestured her to calm down and pointed towards the napping Savvy. "I had my earplugs on so I couldn't hear you until Savv told me about it", I said, trying to come up with something sane.

Katty eyed me and then Savvy and then back to me. "But what is she doing in your room?", she narrowed her eyes at me.

.

Shit!

.

"Because she couldn't sleep alone.", I said trying my best to maintain a straight face.

"Ohh.. I just went to her room to check up on her and didn't find her there so I got a bit worried. That's why I came to check on you if you knew her whereabouts", she said. Of course, who else would know her whereabouts if not me, at least tonight. I finally took a sigh of relief. Katty bought my lie. "You take care of her and don't stay up late. Good night, honey!", she said and left the room.

"Good night, Katty!", I said, mostly to myself and shut the door.

As soon as she left, I turned my back on the door for support as I couldn't stand anymore. All the stress and tension engulfed me. I dragged down on the floor while covering my face with my hands.

"Jenny?", Savvy called me.

"Hmmm?", I said.

"Are you okay?", she asked as she saw my condition.

"Of course, she is!", Ryan said, stepping out of the closet. I turned my head towards him at a lightning speed that gave me a jerk in my neck. I narrowed my eyes at his stupid comment. "My brownie can handle everything!", he said approaching me. He stood right next to me and offered me his hand. I looked at it for a moment and then slapped it away.

 I looked at it for a moment and then slapped it away