Chapter 32

Broken but beautiful.

.

.

.

"Where are you, Brownie?", he yelled.

I didn't say anything, not even a single word. Instead, I sat inside the bathtub and wrapped my hand around my knees, pouring my heart out.

I cried and cried because not even a million sorries could glue my heart together. I never thought my husband would cheat on me, that too with my sister.

"I know you're in there!! Please don't run away from me! I said I'm sorry!!", he banged on the bathroom door.

I kept thinking about the times when we were together, as friends, when there were no lies between us. When it was just pure friendship.

Then we got married!!!!

Was it my fault that we got hitched???

"Brownie. please, for God sake talk to me!", he pleaded.

Was it my fault that Savvy ran away from the altar? He didn't see that she chose her career over him. He can't see that she tried to get under his nerves and infuriate him all the time, taunting over our marriage.

All he saw was her act of apology and that's it!

He went crying back to her! He even hid about his extra martial affairs!!!! He could have simply told me that it wasn't working between us, that he wants to stay with Savvy only. I would have stepped back. But no, he chose the way which would hurt me the most.

Does that mean he never considered me anything? I meant nothing to him? He didn't care how would I feel?

"Fine! I won't go from here until you come out!!", I heard him say, before everything blacked out.

.

.

The next morning, I woke up in the bathtub itself. I think I slept there for the whole night. I got out of the tub and went to open the door. I was just about to open it when I remembered what Ryan said last night.

"Fine! I won't move from here until you come out!!"

I backed my hand away from the knob.

What if he's still outside?

What if???

I ceased myself to overthink about all the scenarios. I held the knob of the door and gently turned it around to unlock. Carefully, I opened the door and peeked out to see where he was.

He was nowhere to be seen.

Phew!

The field was clear.