Chapter 21

I think this is how they would have looked at their wedding.

.

.

.

Sometimes, your life changes at a degree that you never even imagined in your wildest dreams. After the whole incident, I learnt one thing, that how other's action can change your life. Savvy's one decision had us all in a trauma. Her senseless choice had us all in a deep shit, especially Ryan and me. Maybe everyone will get back to their normal life but..., it's never going to be the same for us.

At the altar, there was no exchange of vows. None of us said anything. What were we even expected to say, when those words would mean nothing to us. Once friends, we're now tied together not by God, but some stupid decisions. Standing with Ryan at the altar made me rethink my decision to marry him. I gave him a side glance to see how was he feeling. His face was blank, absolutely blank, like someone had sucked the soul out of his body. He stood there, looking down at his shoes, with absolute despair in his eyes.

Even though I wasn't able to see him properly, I knew he was broken just as much as I was.

"Do you, Ryan William, take Jennifer Jonas as your lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold her hand, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love her and stand by her in all situations?", the officiant asked Ryan.

This was the first time in the history that I had seen someone standing in the church for his marriage, being asked this question for the second time in a matter of few seconds...

That too with another girl.

Ryan was silent. He didn't say anything as if he didn't hear anything.

The officiant coughed a little to bring him out of his daze

The officiant coughed a little to bring him out of his daze. Jake patted Ryan's shoulder, to bring him back to the reality.

"Huh?", he looked at us. Jake pressed his shoulder from behind, making him aware of the situation he was in.

"I.. I do", he said as his voice faded.

Officiant then turned to face me and asked me the same question.

"Do you, Jennifer Jonas take Ryan William as your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold his hand, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love him and stand by him in all situations?"

I stood there, speechless. I looked at the officiant asking me this question. I had tears in my eyes. I couldn't say anything even when I wanted to. It's like there was a huge lump in my throat that didn't allow my voice to pass. Katty was standing right behind me for my support but that didn't make any difference. I was still looking at the officiant in an expectation that he might might just change his question. It was like a nightmare for me.