Chapter 22

After wedding scenes!.

.

.

.

Jake and Kimberly were polite to me. As I came here only once, I didn't know where Ryan's room was so Kimberly helped me to it while Jake went to look after the guest and other arrangements. Kimberly was with me but we decided to keep our mouths shut. This was no time for taunting and fighting. She dropped me right outside Ryan's room and left. However, she suddenly turned around and patted my shoulders while a genuine smile made it's way on her face.

My eyes shot out of their sockets at her sudden change of hearts. I just stood there, looking at her retreating figure. In addition to the things that were already doing Rumba in my mind, Kimberly's gestures baffled me. I don't know the reason behind that smile but I was happy. That was so far the warmest she had been with me.

I think that was a good start for my new life.

I turned around towards the room whose door was left ajar. Maybe, Ryan was not inside. I quietly stepped inside the room while taking in the view in front of me. The whole room was covered with flowers and chocolates that Savvy liked. There were also pictures of Ryan and Savvy and the happy moments that they shared. I felt like an outsider in the room. Everything screamed Savvy! From decorations to deserts, from décor to walls, everything reminded me of the things in Savvy's room. It looked as if Ryan tried his best to make this room look like Savvy's so that she won't miss home.

Who knew that I would be the one missing home.

I stood right in the middle of the room, observing everything around me

I stood right in the middle of the room, observing everything around me. I roamed my eyes all over the room which was going to be my hideout. Just when I was busy taking in the view, someone gate crashed my room with a loud THUDDDD. I jumped at the sudden noise as it scared the hell out of me. I turned around only to be witness by a drunk Ryan, trying to stand properly.

How could he get himself drunk so fast? It's just been half an hour since we've entered and he's already drowning himself in alcohol.

I stood there like a statue, wishing to become invisible because handling a drunkard? Nope! That's not my cup of tea. He walked towards me, making me step back with each step he took. It was difficult for him to walk and I could see that very well. I wanted to help him but I'd never seen him in such a state. It was very difficult for me to handle all this on the very first day of my marriage.

While I was thinking about all this, he tried to reach out to me as he extended his hand towards me. I thought about it for a moment but gave in because seeing him like this was very difficult. I extended my hand to hold him, to support him but he had other plans. Just when I moved forwards, he fell right into me, making both of us fall on the floor with me under him.

I winced in pain as the floor hit my head and the pain surged through me. On the other hand, he too, would have hit his head right on the floor if I wouldnt have kept my hand between him and the floor. I turned my face to the side to see if he was ok, only to find him looking at me. He was looking me with such painful eyes that I couldn't take the intensity of the pain in them. I looked away while trying to move him.