author's note.

❝ everyone sees what they
want to see, it's easier to trust
than believe. ❞

( author's note )

as everyone knows, this story is meant to be a letter from the dead - - a poetry book that bled into a brief history about the character and a walk into their life. i don't think my work even resembles poetry as the genre is creative in making you feel as if you've lived in the words of famed poets - - this book is honestly one of the very few things i'm not too keen when it comes to opening up.

and one might be curious as to why this story hits harder than it should - - and my answer would be, i've written this story as a collection of words when i was at my lowest. i've only shifted its destructive nature to a more mature take and written in it through retrospect - - almost as if they were still there, they'd tell the world how they felt.

also, i might've experienced what the character has gone through - - maybe even worse, but the point of this book is to highlight that they're dead and is a letter of comfort(?) to anyone who sees it - - one of them would be the family of the character, if they had any.

i also want to add that this was one of the few stories where i don't interact with the readers, which is unusual on my part - - but this is one of those moments where i can tell you that i am currently not too ready to open up as people, who i call friends, have left me through me being open about my feelings.

aside from how i'm feeling and how my mental health is declining with the pandemic going on, i'll try and interact more.

and so, here ends my rambling. this story is one of those special moments that i held onto very dearly - - this is the only time where i open up and is welcomed, which makes me tear up due to how it still unusual on my end.

thank you for giving this book a chance, it's already quite a surprise how many people have taken their time to read this book and how it's already climbing in reads - - but truly, thank you. for you have given me and anyone who's felt the same, a voice. thank you

( dedication + special thanks )

to bakaashi
to readpollux
to COVIDIOT
to HEARTOFASUN
to travist_
to -dreamsinwords

and to the MANY souls who have
found and given this story a chance;
you've given me and many others
a chance to speak and open up
about their feelings. i love u