chapter 27

" Now come with us calmly," the short man says. I take a step back putting space between us. We need to get out of here now. The closer one reaches his out to grab me but moves farther back. He grits his teeth then reaches out for me again. I move to the right causing him to stumble. He straightened up," don't make this harder than it has to be." I take a few steps back then he charges at me, wrapping his arms around me. I headbutt him in the nose," fuck." He released me, grabbing his face. I swing my arms connecting across his face. He falls down on the ground and I run to help Diamond. The other taller man has her connered while she waves the box cutter around. I jump on his back making him fall into the floor.

I whale hits on the back of his head until I get pulled off of him.
" We got a fighter. I guess I'll have to break her in before going upstairs." A huge thump then bullets go off from upstairs. I need to get us out fast before we end up shot. I swing my head back but end up missing. His hand goes around my neck," I know your little tricks, girl. You better calm down or this will get rough for just not you." I look to my left and see Diamond being held by the other man. The man behind me removed his hand from around my neck then slid it down my body gripping the top of the sweatpants. He starts to pull them down when the man across from us screams.

Diamond sticks the box cutter in his leg then slash him in the face.
" What the fuck," he let me go wall over to Diamond. I jump on his back making him stumble then fall.
" Get off me, bitch," I put my tied wrist around his neck. I pull my arms towards causing him to struggle to breathe. He flips us over on our side. He reaches back grabbing my arm. I put my feet on his back then pull my arm back hard. He grips my hands but I keep pulling until his hands let mine go. I slowly remove my arms when Diamond starts to scream. The other man grabs her hair," I'm going to break every bone in your hands." I quickly pat the dead man down for a gun or knife.
" No, no," he pushes Diamond against the wall. I feel the gun and pull it out. I aim and shoot the other one in his back.

He leans into Diamond and I shoot him in the back again. I stand up and walk over to them with the gun still pointing at him.
" Diamond," I put the gun at the back of his head. She hyperventilates," get from under him." She struggles to push him off her but after a few seconds, she gets from underneath him. I look at her from top to bottom," did you get hit?" Blood stains her shirt," no."
" Cut this," I hold my hands out. She grabs the box cutter off the ground then cuts the ropes. The ropes drip off my wrists," check him for a gun." I rub my wrist watching her check the man. She takes his gun from the front of his pants.

Three shots go off then running across the floor.
" You know how to shoot that?" She nods her head," good, stay behind me." We walk to the bottom of the stairs. I listen for a moment then look at her. I aim my gun while walking up the stairs quietly. The door sits wide open, I hold my hand out stopping Diamond. I creep up the last couple of steps then peep out the door. I wave my hand at Diamond. She hurries up the stairs," don't let your guard down." She nods her head then I proceed to step through the threshold. We walk slowly down the hall over the bodies laying on the floor. The kitchen is closer. We should be able to slip through the back door. We pass the bathroom as we continue to creep down the hall.

I stop looking behind us when shots go off," go." I push Diamond in front of me and start shooting back. I rush down the hall into the bedroom. I slam the door close then turn to Diamond standing in the middle of the room. Her hands over her ears and tears start to wet her face. I lock the door then rush over to her," get under the bed." Diamond drops to the floor and crawls under the bed. I stand behind the door with the gun clenched in my hands. Heavy footsteps run past the room. I release my breath and sag against the wall. It's too dangerous for her to be walking around with me. I go over to the bed and bend down. I pull the covers on the bed," you stay here, while I find a way out."

" No," she reaches her hand out to me. I grab her hand," I'll be back. Stay under the bed and if someone comes in here stay quiet." I squeeze her hand," use the gun if you have to." She nods her head as more tears roll down her face. I hesitate for a second before I get up and flip the covers back down. I walk to the door then place my ear against it. I listen for a minute before slowly unlocking the door. I crack the door peeking through not seeing no one. I hurry out the room and close the door. I aim my gun in front of me while walking down the hall. I stop at the end of the hall and peek in the kitchen. No one's in here. I walk in slowly until I see a dark figure run past then someone starts shooting.

I duck down and walk out the kitchen. Shit, I'll have to go out front, I hurry out the kitchen. I walk back down the hall to the living room. I stop at the threshold as a man stands in front of me pointing his gun across the room. Travis is standing across the room pointing his gun at the man in front of me. I aim the gun at the back of the man's head then squeeze the trigger. The bullet goes through his head then he drops to the floor. Travis looks at me still aiming his gun," goddamn." He walks over to me,"you okay?"
" Yeah,"I nod my head looking at the destroyed living room. Bullet hole through the window and wall.
" Where's Diamond," Travis grabs my attention.

" She is in the room down the hallway under the bed."
" Alright, you cool?"
" Yeah, where are my brothers?"
" We were in the living room but Kyrie started tripping. You can see where that ended up." I nod my head then walk across the leaving room and down another hall. I stop when more shooting goes off. I wait a few seconds before moving farther down the hallway. I stop at the first room, l lean my back to the wall and take a few deep breaths. I swing the gun into the room first. The room is empty beside a few pieces of furniture. I hear commotion coming from farther down the hall. I creep down the hall stopping at the door," I will kill your entire family."

I inch my head into the door and see Kyrie pointing his gun at Ahkeem. Chris and another man on the other side of the room point their guns at each other. Fuck, I watch them stare at each other. Kyrie's face is all crunch up while Akheem tries to mask his fear.
" Now you might want to rethink this. A couple of my men grabbed y'all sisters and left. You kill me, you won't be able to fund them." Kyrie starts to laugh, what is he about to do?
" What you fail to realize," he shot twice in Akheem's chest. Akheem falls to the ground holding his heart. Kyrie walks over to Akheem and bends down," this is my city. I'll be able to find anyone anywhere." He pressed his gun to Akheem's head and let one go.