Overtime (Diluc x Reader)

Authors note: Please play the above video as you read! It helps with atmosphere ;)
TRIGGER WARNING!! Assault.

Your POV.
"Tonight's the night," I smile to myself. Friday was my favorite day, obviously. And as it happens, today was that day. The sun had set just around an hour ago and that was how I knew that it was time. After I had a good shower, I had changed into my best dress and did my hair. The dress is colored deep red and has a slit on the right side of it that started just a few inches below my waist. Strapless, heart shaped neckline and a little bit tight fitting, but not to the point to where I struggled to move. "Perfect," I say, staring at my reflection in the mirror. "Well, time to go." I take my bag and pack the necessities, then finally leave the house.

As I took a step outside, I felt the gentle breeze blow against my face and took a deep breath in. "What a lovely night," I smiled to myself. The sky was the clearest it had ever been in a while and the knights of Mondstadt, as usual, were on their nightly patrol. I walked slowly, staring mostly at the stars until at last, I had reached my destination. "Angel's Share," I read aloud. Even from outside I could hear how lively it was in the tavern. "Phew, okay... Let's do this," I gather all my courage and open the door in one swift motion. I was greeted by the smell of alcohol and loud chatter. Quickly enough, I spot Kaeya and Venti sitting at the bar waving at me. I sheepishly smile back and walk towards them. Sure enough, I could feel the gaze of almost everyone in the tavern. "Please don't let me trip please don't let me trip," I think to myself, praying to Barbatos. And luckily for me, I had made it to Kaeya and Venti without any trouble despite these heels.

"Hey guys, how's it going?" I ask them, taking my seat. Kaeya takes a moment to respond, as if doing a second take. "Couldn't be better, (y/n). You look extravagant tonight" he replies with a smile and a wink, then leans onto his hand. I roll my eyes playfully at him. "It could be better if this dandelion wine weren't so expensive..." Venti whines as he takes out his purse and comically shakes it. "Pfft, well guys lucky for you, drinks on me tonight," I say proudly. Kaeya widens his eyes as Venti's light up with joy. "So... we can order anything, right?" Kaeya says slowly, as if processing the information that I just gave. "Uh... yes?" I say hesitatingly. "Wow (Y/n), you're the best!" Venti proclaims as he and Kaeya cheer in excitement.

"Let's hope my wallet doesn't regret this later..." I whisper to myself. "It just might," says a familiar voice. I look up towards the source of it across the counter and see, "Diluc, it's been a while hasn't it?" I state with a wide smile. "Yes it has. A little bit too long," Diluc replies with a small grin. "How has work been?" I inquire, leaning onto the counter. "Busy... a little bit too busy for my liking," he admits as he mixes a drink. "What? The Diluc Ragnivindr doesn't enjoy work? I thought you were a workaholic?" I say with an over-exaggerated gasp. He rolls his eyes in response and a small smile creeps up onto his face to which I let out a small laugh, and we go on and on about all the things that have happened in our lives since we last met. We spend quite a while catching up over every detail as I sipped on my (Drink of choice) while he multi-tasked mixing drinks and serving people flawlessly. "You look stunning tonight," he comments as he hands me another drink. My cheeks flush as I hear his compliment and catch him eyeing me up and down, not in a hungry way though. "Thank you, you don't look too bad yourself," I wink at him, taking a sip of drink.

The four of us engaged in idle chit chat and little by little, the bar started to empty out until eventually Venti and Kaeya retired home, the both of them wobbling around. Lucklily they didn't live far. "It's getting a little late isn't it?" I point out, swirling the left over ice in my cup with my straw. He takes a moment to look down at his watch and is visibly taken aback. "It is indeed. Time sure flies when you spend time with someone whose company you enjoy," he states as his eyes meet mine. Our gazes locked, and it held for what seemed like hours until that is, a drunkard bumps into me from behind. I yelp in surprise and look behind me to see that this person was obviously long gone, as in, drunk as heck.