↳ | 𝟲 ; 𝗵𝗶𝗱𝗱𝗲𝗻 𝗶𝗻 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝗶𝗻 𝘀𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁

━ chap 6

chap 6. hidden in plain sight !
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

MORNING CAME QUICKLY TO the tranquil fushiguro estate. the sun's soft rays shining down on the large garden and peaking through the windows.

as mei prepares her daughter's lunch for school, the entrance to the dining room opens, and walks in said child. her bare feet make the wooden floor beneath her creak.

the older woman's alluring ruby red eyes glance at her only child, a smile forming seeing the bedhead of black hair and her sleepy expression.

"good morning, my baby. how did you sleep?"

"...mhm, mowning māma..."

the yawn that escapes [y/n]'s lips gets her mother gushing at how cute she is. then, the girl sits down at the dinner table, a full breakfast ready for her to eat.

the girl gives her thanks and begins eating. just then, batzu pops from behind [y/n]'s bedhead and jumps down to the table. he almost tumbled off if weren't for megumi catching him just in time.

setting the cursed doll on the table, megumi's hand goes to pat his daughter's head. his silent greeting in the morning and [y/n] gives him a cute wave. mouth full of her mother's delicious cooking.

noticing his presence, mei gives her husband a loving smile from her spot in the kitchen. "morning dear, you headed out early?"

"yeah," he nods, going over to kiss his wife on the cheek. "i'll probably be home late, so don't stay up for me."

the woman pouts at his statement and megumi can't help but feel his heart clench. if the circumstances were different, the dark-haired man would prefer to stay at home with his wife and daughter.

but alas, that is not the case.

"can y'all not undress each other with your eyes." [y/n] deadpans, calling them out and making them flinch. "i'm trying to eat here."

it wouldn't be the first time her parents stared at each other lovingly whether they were across the room or right next to each other and it wouldn't be the last.

mei blinks before she bursts into giggles while megumi blushes a bright red, reaching to the tip of his ears. the reaction igniting a cheeky smile from [y/n].

"just eat your food."

⨳ 𓏲˖ 🐺 ˖ ࣪ 🐾 ָ࣪ 𓏲⋆