Epilogue

Two thousand casualties and about twenty-five thousand were injured according to the news. Not one saw it coming when the meteorite crashed into Tokyo.

Bright lights and the scent of death welcomed Hanabi as she struggled to open her eyes. She was sharing the room with someone else, a girl with dreadlocks who was still sleeping from what she could see.

Hanabi groaned and tried to sit up but her body was just too weak. She wished she had died rather than be alive and suffer through the pain but she felt like she had no right to complain.

It took quite some time until she got out of the hospital. Hikari Kuina, whom she shared the room with, became a close friend. They were almost inseparable like real sisters despite their age gap.

While Kuina was working as a store clerk, Hanabi decided to get a part-time job during her studies at a small coffee shop near her school. It wasn't that hard to return to her life after getting out of the hospital. Hanabi didn't even see it as an unfortunate event, she gained a good friend and that was enough to keep her spirits up.

"Black coffee. No sugar."

Hanabi nodded and got the order ready. She looked up once she was done. The guy with slightly long blond hair turned around and walked over to a table at the side, her following behind him to set his coffee. After that, she quickly walked back behind the counter.

The guy stayed even after her shift ended. As she was preparing to go out, the guy to take the next shift entered the shop.

"Good, you're here! I thought you were going to be late again." Hanabi chuckled, taking her bag before walking over to the doors.

"Cut me some slack, it's raining!"

"Whatever. You're always late even when it's not raining." Hanabi rolled her eyes and laughed. "See ya tomorrow!"

The blond guy sighed in irritation and looked over to the girl with loud voice. He raised an eyebrow at what she was wearing; certainly too little for a weather they were having.

"Yes? Uh...how can I help you, sir?"

"Chishiya." The guy said with a small smirk, amused that the girl just called him 'sir'. It sounded rude rather than polite. "Shuntarou Chishiya."

"Okay...? Did you want to order something else?" Hanabi asked, a bit irritated that she has to attend to a customer even after her shift ended.

"What drink would you recommend?" Chishiya asked, his head tilted to the side as his eyes twinkled in amusement. She was clearly irritated with him but she did a pretty good job hiding it.

Hanabi thought about it and the only answer she could think of was the mocha latte that seems to be the only drink she has ever ordered there. So, of course, that's the drink she told him.

"Alright, one mocha latte." Chishiya said before pulling out one of his books to make it seem like he was busy. "To go, please."

Chishiya could hear the frustration as the girl walked back to the counter. He bit his lip to stop himself from smirking but it was no use.

A few moments later, a cup was placed in front of him. He looked up and saw the girl leaving so he stood up and paid for the drinks before following the girl while carrying the cup of coffee.

Chishiya caught up to her and handed her the coffee, making her stop in confusion.

"You look like you need it. It's cold and you're wearing little to no clothing. Wear a jacket next time." was all he said before turning around to go back to his school which was just around the corner.

Hanabi furrowed her brows, confused at what just happened. The reason why she wasn't wearing that much clothing was because she was on her way to a club, anyway. Kuina was probably already there and she needed to hurry as well.

"Took you long enough! I've already drank like four shots!" Kuina exclaimed, counting off with her fingers.

"Okay, we both know that's a lie." Hanabi rolled her eyes with a smirk.

"Okay, okay! Maybe I drank like eight? I don't know, I lost count!"

The two laughed and proceeded to get shots together. It was a Saturday night so they didn't have to worry about the next day.

"Noooo! I can't dance!" Kuina slurred as Hanabi pulled her into the dancefloor.

"It doesn't matter, Kuina! Dance with me!" Hanabi laughed, making Kuina do the same silly dance she was doing.

"Oh my f-I'm gonna throw up!"

Kuina ran away from the dance floor, leaving her there. Hanabi ran after her but bumped into some guy who appeared out of nowhere. She got chills just by looking at him.

"Hey, pretty lady. I see you're alone...why don't you dance with me?" The man grinned, making himself look more disgusting.

"Uh...no thank you, I'm good." Hanabi tried to refuse but the man only chuckled.

"Oh, come on. I promise I won't bite....hard."

Hanabi almost threw up right there just from his words. The man took a step closer to her and she wondered why no one has noticed what was happening.

"Really, I don't want to dance with you. Please back off." Hanabi took a few steps back to create more distance but the man was still walking towards her.

"Just for a little bit! I promise you'll be begging for more..."

"What? What do you mean?" Hanabi scrunched her nose in disgust. They were talking about dancing but it seems like the man was talking about something else.

"Oh, don't play hard to get. I'm alone and you're alone. We should-" The man grabbed her forearm.

"She's with me, scumbag."

Someone suddenly came from behind her and threw a punch, knocking out the disgusting man. Hanabi's heart was beating so fast and the act had caused other people to stop dancing now.

The guy turned around to face her and she froze at the sight of a man with piercings. She always liked them but she was just too afraid to get one herself.

The way the guy licked the bottom of his lip showed her another hidden piercing, a tongue piercing. It gave her a strange feeling in the pit of her stomach.

"Hey there, dollface." The man smirked, taking a step closer to her. There were a few scars on his face but for some reason, Hanabi thought he was really attractive.

"The name's Niragi. Suguru Niragi."