The aftermath

Bucky and Sam stayed in there rooms all day. They were both not ready to face anyone.

Natasha told Steve to go and talk to them both alone and then together, so that's what he did.

Bucky was still an absolute reck, so when he heard the knock on the door, he rushed to clean his face of tears and make it look like he hadn't been crying all day.

"You can come in now."

Steve walked in slowly. Bucky didn't look at him, but instead just stared at the floor.

"Bucky, I'm not here to apologise of that's what you want."
"No that's not! I want to apologise to you. I'm so sorry for what I said. I was so angry and I just snapped but I didn't mean it, I swear."
"Are you sure? It must have come from somewhere."
"I don't hate Sam! I just, I just feel left out."
"Just because I have more than one best friend, doesn't mean I can't still be best friends with you."
"I know I know." Bucky still hasn't looked at Steve.
"I'm going to talk to Sam, I want you to come with me." That made Bucky look up.

"Are you insane! He will go crazy!"
"Just let me talk to him and then you can come in too."

Bucky followed Steve to Sam's room and waited outside.

"Hey, Sam I need to talk."
"I'm really sorry Steve, I know I took it too far with Bucky. He just annoyed me so much. I just hate that he doesn't want us to be friends."
"I don't think that's the case. I just think he is used to it just being me and him."
"I guess. I don't hate him Steve. I wish we could just get along but that doesn't seem to be happening. Ever."
"Well you could try talk it out?" Steve coughed and Bucky walked in, looking everywhere but there faces.

"Uhh, hi." Bucky said.
"Hi."
"Sorry." "I'm sorry." They both said at the same time.
Sam gestured for him to go first.

"I don't hate you Sam, I just feel left out and I put that on you. Sorry."
"It's ok, I'm sorry too. I also don't hate you I just want you to know Steve has other friends too." Bucky nodded his head in response.

"But I still don't like you." Sam clarified.
"Off course, neither do I." Bucky replied, resulting in Steve rolling his eyes.

"Well I'm glad that's sorted, now will you come out for dinner now?" Steve said, glad this was over.
They both nodded and followed him downstairs, both on either side of Steve.

While they ate dinner, Bucky felt himself constantly glaring at Sam. He didn't know why he was doing it, he just wanted to look at him... all the time.

Oh god, Bucky could not let this happen. He was not falling for Sam. I mean he strongly disliked the guy, so why was he suddenly finding him so attractive.

Bucky did not want to add this to his list of problems. He just thought, well if I just avoid Sam, then the feelings should go away, right?

While Sam was eating, he spotted Bucky looking up at him a few times. It was quite a lot more than a few.

Sam why so confused what the hell he was doing. Was he trying to annoy him or what.

Sam realised he really didn't hate the guy and wouldn't mind getting to know him. He didn't know what this hate had turned into, but he would find out soon enough.

A/n
Hey what do you think so far! Please let me know your thoughts on this.

Thanks ! 💖

~classynat