Chapter twenty-two

Annas pov
I came behind Eva, when we were dismissed I walked with Eva to the lockers only I didn't say anything to her until we got inside.

"Did he make you uncomfortable?" I ask as I'm taking off my shirt.

"Did who make me uncomfortable?" She questions confused.

"The sub." I say and change shirts and put deoderant on.

"Oh him, he was a little weird yeah."

"I noticed he was staring at you, alot."

"Yeah he was but it's fine." She says putting on her crop top.

"It's really not and are you sure you're okay from falling on the ground?" I wanted to punch Azra right then and there, she got lucky.

"Anna I'm okay and I can take care of myself." She assures me. 

I got fully changed, and looked over to Eva, she was just on her phone. I don't understand why Christian had to wipe Evas face, she could've did it herself since she can "take care of herself."

The bell rung and so I left.

Hours had past and school was finally over, thankfully. Eva and I hadn't said a word more. I should text her, but then again I don't want to.  I was just now walking into my house when Brandon called me.

A: "Hey what's up?"
B: "Can you take me to get some food, I'm hungry."
A: "Depends what do you wanna get?"
B: "Mc donalds?"
A: "I'm on my way."
B: "Okay thanks."

I walked back out and to my car and started driving to my grandmas house to pick up Brandon.

When I pulled up Brandon came out and we went to Mc donalds.

"So Anna, like I said I wasn't done with my questions."

"What questions do you have?" I ask.

"When are you guys gonna start dating?" I take a minute before answering.

"Probably never because she's been weird."

"Weird?"

"Yeah like I tried to talk to her and she was just being dry and not responding sometimes, and then other times she would make small talk and that would be it." I explain to him.

"Maybe it was something you did." He stupidly suggests.

"Well no shit but I can't even think of anything."

We get to Mc donalds and walk in, as we walk in I see Eva. What are the odds? I was hoping not to see her, I'm just gonna act like she's not there.

She was sitting at a table for two by herself.

"What do you wanna eat?" I ask Brandon before I went up to order.

"A cheese burger with fries and a sprite please." He answers.

"Wait is that Eva?" I looked at him and he was looking right at her.

"What, oh yeah I guess that is." I tell him, acting like I didn't see her when I walked in.

"Well are you gonna say hi?"

"No it's awkward, I just wanna get food and leave."

"Alright well while you order I'll get us a table." He says to me and leaves. What does he have up his sleeve. I was gonna watch where he was going but I got cut off.

"Next, how can I help you?" A man takes my order, I pay and he hands me the reciept. I look to where Brandon sat and this kid sat not even 7 feet away from Eva.