Chapter 5

Emily's POV.

I turned around to see my boss fuming. I gulped, I haven't done anything wrong have I?

"Boss seems very angry, what have you done?" Millie asked

"I don't know, not that I remember." I replied nervously.

"Oh now you have to survive this face of him, he's never that angry. Sorry girl he won't be easy on you." She said sympathetically.

"Thanks for the support." I said sarcastically.

I slowly walked towards where my boss was.

"Yes, sir?" I asked calmly.

"What the hell were you doing there?" He asked controlling his anger.

Thinking back to what I was doing. Eating, chatting, laughing. I didn't do anything wrong. Did I?

"I was having my lunch break sir." Replying slowly

"No, you were whoring around with other men." He stated.

I was shocked with his response. I wasn't whoring around. I was barely talking to anyone. His words stabbed me like a knife in my chest. Why was he saying like that. Tears threatening to spill.

"What are yo-" he cut me off immediately.

"Save it, just get the hell out of my sight, I've sent you some work you have to do before your day off." He said

I nod and walked towards the exit. And before I leave he spoke "you're not going to have lunch here from now onwards. You can have It in your office."

"Wha- why?"

He cocked an eyebrow "Are you going to question me Miss Parker?"

I sighed not wanting to make boss more angry. "No sir".

"Great now get back to work." He smirked.

Why is he so rude towards me. What's wrong with him. He's the boss, doesn't mean he could snap at me every time. But I have to corporate if I want to keep this job.

I walked towards my desk. Checking what he sent me to work on. Hmm that's a long list.

1) make a dinner reservation for two in an Italian restaurant.

2) check the annual charity arrangements.

3) print dexton's file and send them to my office.

4) go to the 5th floor (management department) ask Mr. Jeremy for the management files and send them to me.

5) ask the receptionist for my up coming meetings. And make a schedule.

P.s - If you have any questions ask millie she'll help you.

Guess I'll have to work non stop. After few hours of working I just have to complete the last task. And that would be asking for management files from Mr. Jeremy.

I walked out of my office and head to the 5th floor. After asking the receptionist for Mr.  Jeremy's office I knocked the door.

"Come in" the deep voice called.

As I entered the office, a man around his late twenties was seated in his chair he was quite handsome with his reading glasses on.

I cleared my throat and said "Hello Mr. Jeremy, boss was asking for the management files. "

He looked up at me, his eyes roamed up and down my body.  I was feeling really uncomfortable under his gaze. Suddenly he stood up and was walking towards me I gulped.  My hands were sweating.

"And who you might be?" He said huskily He was standing so close that I could feel his cologne.

I backed up a little, creating some space.

"I- I am boss's personal assistant, can you please give me the files." I stuttered.  I was so nervous. I could see he's undressing me from his gaze.

"No wonder, he has a good taste in girls." He muttered under his breath.

That pervert. He's not handsome I take that back.

He noticed my nervousness and was taking slow steps towards me. And I was taking my steps back. Suddenly I was pinned against the wall. And he put his hands on each side of my head.

Shit what do I do? I could use my karate skills but his body was pressed against mine.

"Wha- what are you doing, leave me" I said. I was about to scream when put his hand over my mouth.

"Listen here girl. Don't you ever think about screaming. I could make lucas fire you in a heartbeat. Do you want that?" He said smirking.

My eyes widened from his words. And I shook my head.

He chuckled.  An evil chuckle "Good girl, now I'll let you go but if you even dare to spill a word, you know what I'll do right? And whenever I call you, you'll be here alright?" He said and I nodded.

He gave me the file and I quickly ran out of his office. Suddenly I bumped into someone.

"Shit I'm so sorry I didn't know where I was walking. " I apologized without looking.

"Hey Emily it's okay. Are you alright? You seem tensed." Jason said softly. Concern laced in his voice.

"Ha ha Oh I'm alright, you know lots of work." I let out a nervous laugh.

He looked like he didn't believe it. He was about to say something but I cut him "I've to drop these files.  I'll catch you later Jason"

"Alright see you soon."

I quickly ran into the elevator and took few breaths. What am I going to do?  Should I go and tell the boss? Then I remember his threat.

I was having my internal battle when the elevator dinged. I sighed and dismissed the thoughts and went towards the boss's office to drop the files.

I knocked the door and entered his office. He looked busy so I cleared my throat and then he looked up at me.

"What?" He snapped

"I - uh brought the management files" I motioned the files towards him.

"Just place them here and get out. Can't you see I'm busy?" I said angrily

"Uh. Sorry" I quickly placed the files on his desk. And waited.

"Why the hell are you still here" he cocked an eyebrow.

"I've done my work can I have my day off?" I asked hesitantly. Now you just wait for his aggression.

"Yes you may leave now. And you have to buy clothes so you don't have to be hare tomorrow. " he said calmly

Woah, what happened to him suddenly. Whatever I've got a day off I couldn't hold  back a grin "Thankyou sir" I said happily.

I'm so tired of today's drama. It was too much I just want to go home and sleep in my comfy clothes. I got into my little apartment had dinner and drifted to sleep.

*~*~*~*~*~*

Hello readers.
So this is the 5th chapter.  Hope you enjoy it.
Please do suggest if you have any ideas related to this book.
Don't forget to vote and comment.

Follow me on instagram _atiqaamin_
Follow me on wattpad atiqa_amin

Ignore if there's any mistake. I'll update the next chapter soon :)