Chapter 7

Emily's POV.

I woke up with the sound of alarm. I groaned I need more sleep. I'll wake up after five minutes with that I closed my eyes.

'Five minutes later'

I woke up and checked the alarm again. Holy shit! I'm twenty five minutes late. Shit, boss is going to fire me. But it was only five minutes. I'm dead. Why the hell did I slept again. I should have woke up before.

I panicked and hurriedly took a shower and did my bathroom stuff. I changed my clothes in a dark blue fitted skirt with white crisp shirt and a blue vest which we bought it from the mall.

I wore my shoes and I didn't put any makeup on because I was already late.

I quickly called a taxi and told him the address. After a while I reached the building and practically ran towards the elevator. Shit, I'm an hour late. He'll probably kick me out of the place.

I reached towards his office and knocked thrice. He yelled "come in".

I entered his office. Closed the door behind and said "Good morning Mr. William." He was pacing in his office angrily.

"Good morning? Really miss parker? I've been waiting here for an hour and you came here like nothing happened? You decided to take your sweet time coming here like it's your place." He threw his hands in frustration.

"I-im really sorry about being late sir." I apologized, my head hung low.

"This is your first and last warning. Any other mistake and you're out from this company. Now you're going to stay late and work as yoir punishment. Got it?" He said.

I nodded. Realized his back was facing me so I replied "yes sir"

"Good now make a coffee for me. Hurry up" he said his jaw clenched.

I quickly got out and let out an air of relief. Thank God he did not fire me or I'd be broke. I made my way towards the kitchen and made his coffee. Once I made the coffee I made my way towards his office. I was blocked by a person in my way.

I looked up to see the familiar face of Mr. Jeremy. He had that smug look on his face.
"Look whose here. The one and only Emily parker." He said. Oh how I want to slap the look on his face.

"Morning Mr. Jeremy. I'd really like to continue this conversation but I have to be somewhere so if you'll excuse me." I tried to take a side but he blocked my path again. Something was really odd about him. The way he looks at me feel like he's looking in to my soul. I really should stay away from him.

"Not so fast kitten, you can't get away from me that easily." He said grabbing my arm.

I was terrified would be an understatement. I did the only thing I'm going to regret later. I kicked him in his 'area' and ran.

He cried in pain and called "you're going to regret it bitch. I'll make sure you regret it."

I was breathing heavily when I reached his office. I put his coffee on his desk.

"What's the task for today sir?" I asked.

He took a sip of his coffee and cringed. "Why it is so cold. What the hell is wrong with you today? Why can't you just do your work properly? And why the hell are you panting?" He shouted at me, but the last part came out little softer.

"I'm sorry sir. I'll make it again. I was stuck somewhere." I murmured. I can't tell him the truth. He would never believe me. That Jeremy guy would accuse me of something and then he'll fire me.

He frowned "stuck where?" He asked impatiently.

"I- coffee was out of stock" I lied. I looked up into his eyes. It seems like he was mentally debating to believe it or not.