★······★······𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑰

╭──────────────────✎

╰─▗ ▘➤I created a Spotify playlist of my books, which you can access via the link attached to this account. Just click it and choose playlist, then find the playlist for this book and click play, or copy this link instead;

https://yuvillainess.carrd.co/

↠━━━━ღ◆ღ━━━━↞

Buzz~

Buzz~

Knock!

Knock!

Knock!

Those two sounds awakened me at 6 a.m., much earlier than my alarm clock before it rings. I get out of my bed to open up the door and see the landlord with curlers in her hair and a toothpick on her mouth.

"Good morning miss-"

"It'll be a good morning if you finally pay the rent, Y/N." She gave me the note that shows I didn't pay for the other half of the rent last month and now I'm late on this month's payment. "If you can't pay, you can just leave my place."

"I-Miss, but can you give me more time?"

"Until tomorrow morning, if you can't, pack your things."

"That's too fast Miss-"

"I'm a landlord Y/N. I need your payment to pay my bills as well. Why don't you look for a job to save more?"

"I will try to find one later..."

"Just to remind you again, pay me by this day," she said and started to walk. "Or I'll throw all your things out of your apartment."

I jaw dropped when she said that. I don't have enough money in my wallet and paying her within this day would be hard. Closing the door and looking for my phone to check my schedule before taking a bath to go to school.

I lived alone from the start, not that alone, but I'm an orphan. Nobody from the orphanage tells me how I got there, all I know is I was raised there since I was a baby together with the other kids until they get adopted, but in my case, I never get adopted for some reason.

The head of the orphanage supported my studies until I turned 16 and let me out of the orphanage. The age limit there is 12, but because they at least wanted me to learn how to live by myself, they kept me for another 4 years.

Once a kid steps into their teens, they usually take them to work for the church if they want to be a nun or a priest or just work there voluntarily and be under the church's care. But all of the kids get adopted before they reach their teenage stage. It's just me who didn't get adopted. Sad, but I'm happy inside that place I treat as my home.