Chapter 4

[Dear User: a new mission is available, do you wish to accept or decline?]
Liu Qingge was busy, familiarising himself with Bai Zhan Peak, as to not make a fool of himself later on. He hadn't quite steadied his resolve to enter his living quarters, almost afraid of what he might find.
[Dear User: do you wish to accept or decline?]
He promptly ignored the system.
[accept]               [decline]
Two buttons showed up in front of him on his glowing, translucent system. He rolled his eyes, wondering if he could somehow turn off the visual aspects of the system. The system eventually got fed up with his wallowing in self pity and pressed [accept] for him.
[Mission: A demon is running rampant killing the beauties in commoner town A. Kill the demon to ensure there are no more casualties.]
What kind of mission was that? He rolled his eyes at the simplicity of the mission, what was he? A junior disciple gaining experience? No. He was a peak lord. In both lives.

[This System is reminding user that this is a starter mission to gain experience in Liu Qingge's body and get accustomed to his spiritual energy and spiritual weapons.]

Whatever. Did he already not defeat the demon saintess without prior experience in Liu Qingge's body?

"When is this mission scheduled? Have the killings already started or is this what's going to happen in the near future?" And can he stop it before it happens?

[The Event is scheduled to start one month from now.]

Ah, so he has time to prepare. At least that means he can beat the demon before he starts his killing spree. In his absent mindedness he'd walked right in front of Qingge's abode. The residence that was empty for many years in his past life, all because of him.

When he opened the door he unknowingly held his breath. It was still as lifeless and lonely as he remembered. After he had killed his martial brother he brought his body back to receive a proper burial, which was the only time he'd entered Liu Qingge's house. Without him in it there was no chance for it to be lively or homely at all.

He glanced at his hands, in this body they were clean. Liu Qingge had never killed a person, only demons. In this lifetime he hadn't killed Liu Qingge, he hadn't even been able to meet him again because he's accomodating his body.

He let out a shaky breath, steadying himself. He closed his eyes for a second, to regain composure but when he looked up he saw Liu Qingge.
"Shidi?" When the image of Liu Qingge mirrored his movements he didn't know whether he should laugh or cry. His throat felt blocked and he was choked for words.

This is the only way he'd ever get to see his shidi again.

He smiled, though it was filled with an unbearable pain in his chest. He clutched the fabric around the area where his heart lies, that was his shidi's heart. Still beating. He looked at the reflection and wanted to ask: "who hurt you? Why do you have such an expression?", though the reflection was of himself. At least this way he could see his Liu-Shidi smiling.

The guilt gnawed at him until he couldn't take it anymore, he turned away from the bronze mirror. His legs were shaking with each step he took away from the cursed thing, his heart was still erratic. If only he could have saved him. If only he were the one to die in those caves instead.

It would've been better for everyone.

Binghe wouldn't have been pushed into the abyss and become the tyrannical demon emperor, his disciples wouldn't have been killed by Luo Binghe, the sect wouldn't have been burnt down and his martial brother would've been alive.

Though, now he knew that Liu Qingge wanted to apologise by giving him flowers, his shidi would've blamed himself if he had died back then. He would've chased him to the end of hell to scold him and criticise him enough that he'd want to come back to life.