Chapter 14

It was a well known fact that Shen QingQiu was a vindictive bitch.

To get what he desired with the best possible outcome for him, and by him only using underhanded tactics and schemes that consisted of lying and torrential verbal abuse.

The only thing that really changed for Shen Jiu was that in this body his vehement scheming words were taken utterly differently. Disciples and lords alike would look at him with some sort of inspiration. It was no secret that Liu Qingge was a blunt man who was known for saying the truth and telling it as it is. So no one really delved into the double entendres or hidden meanings behind biting insults.

But now 'Shen QingQiu' was known for having a tough exterior but secretly being soft instead of icy and bitter. The Qi deviation was taken as top secret information that only the peak lords of Cang Qiong Mountain Sect had access to.

But seeing him like that... he was like an entirely different person.

KaiHua Yaomo didn't quite know what to expect, but it definitely wasn't that. Shen QingQiu was mourning like he'd lost his soul, though he'd definitely deny it if asked. He seemed to be constantly bobbing in and out of states of consciousness. Sometimes it'd look like he'd lost himself entirely, completely zoned out, eyes blank and calling for the young disciple that was now lost.

"Binghe..." Shen QingQiu mumbled then stopped, seeming to suddenly remember that he was no longer there.

KaiHua could no longer take it, he'd known Shen QingQiu for far too long to be able to withstand witnessing this.

"Shen-er..." though he'd witnessed Shen QingQiu pushing the young boy into the abyss, he also knew the fate he'd suffer from such. "Don't worry... he will come back." He'd said with conviction, however, it'd be far better if he didn't. If he'd known... he would've killed the demon while he was weak. All demons-

He stopped that line of thought. Wasn't he a demon now?

"Who? Oh..." he looked almost hopeful until he saw him perhaps he was waiting for someone else, yet he didn't try to kill him immediately, seemingly not having the energy. "Are we close?"

"Yes." He replied pulling away the paper screen by the window and hopping through. "You had let me call you 'Shen-er' because other nicknames were 'preposterous'." He made little finger quotes and rolled his eyes, trying to distract the man in front of him. "You bluntly refused 'A-Qing' because that was the generation name and it would be unclear whom I'm addressing. And well... 'A-Jiu' and 'A-Qiu'..." he felt like he was digger a bigger hole for himself now, though Shen QingQiu was just silently nodding along on the edge of consciousness. "And well... 'A-Shen' didn't sound as good as 'Shen-er'..."

Shen QingQiu subtly smiled, though it never reached his eyes. Surely that meant that he'd recognised him? He was the only person- er... demon now... to be able to call him such. Yue-Shixiong always called him 'Xiao Jiu', only to be ignored and scoffed at.

Honestly, KaiHua's specialty was never comfort or intimacy... but he saw that the other needed it. And he desperately craved to hold him in his arms every single day.

He extended his arms wide and turned head to the side, avoiding eye contact and furrowing his eyebrows in embarrassment.

Shen QingQiu seemed to just look for a second like he was completely unaware that there was even another person in the room, until he came barreling into KaiHua's arms.

'KaiHua' had to let his mind wonder for a bit... did he mourn like this when he had died? When he had killed him? He had never really thought of it like that... he'd never blame his Shixiong for his death, he was just a little... easily influenced by negative emotions since being in this body.