𝐈𝐈𝐱𝐈: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐞𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧

Mystic Falls
On the Road

"Caroline..." Kol stared in horror at the crushed car as he found himself standing a few feet away from it.

He "woke up" from the ground next to the damaged car and while he was still a little confused, thanks to the pain he felt earlier, he soon remembered that Caroline was inside of the vehicle, and without even thinking the Original immediately rushed to the car.

Going over the passenger side of the car, Kol leaned forward, his vision taking on the limp body of Caroline, the blonde forehead leaning against the window.

"Sweetheart..." his fingers went through the glass and touched her cheek dearly. "Please wake up." He whispered gently, worry evident in his voice.

The time seemed to stop as Kol focused solemnly on the blonde figure, his eyes void of light as the Original prayed to every god up there that his human would wake up.

And what felt like an eternity for him, it was only a couple of minutes before Caroline groaned, the blonde slowly opening her eyes with a gasp, coughing a little as the air surged in her lungs.

"Hey..." he continued stroking her cheek in hope that it might comfort her.

Another groan could be heard from the backseat as Matt Donovan slowly opened his eyes, blinking a few times, his whole world spinning and suddenly brightened up. He glanced around in confusion, taking his surroundings until realization hit him.

"Tyler! Caroline!" he unbuckled the seatbelt quickly and leaned forward between the front seats, looking at Tyler he could clearly see that the Lockwood was out cold. Turning to Caroline, the jock could see the blonde slowly opening her eyes.

"Caroline! Are you okay?" Matt called out to her in worry.

"...y-yeah..." Caroline leaned back against the cushioned chair heavily while blinking owlishly. "...you? Tyler?" she mumbled, feeling slightly disoriented.

"You need a hospital. Right now!" Kol stated as he noticed the blood pouring from her hairline.

Matt fumbled his phone from his pocket. "I'm fine. But I don't think Tyler is." Caroline turned her head as her blue-green eyes shifted to Tyler with worry.

The blonde Quarterback quickly dialed the ambulance number. Well, as quickly as he could in his dazed state.

"Hello? There is a car accident—"Kol tuned Matt out while stroking Caroline's cheek, watching her carefully and hoping for some kind of reaction from the blonde. Anything that could settle his increasing worry and panic for his human condition.

However, there is none. "Caroline..." Kol's undead heart squeezed in fear.

Why wasn't she responding to his touches?

.

..

...

Only You

Chapter Seventeen

"The Return"

...

..

.

Later...