𝐈𝐈𝐱𝐗𝐈: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭

Mystic Falls
High School
Outdoor – Booster Club Barbecue
Next Day...

The students and teachers are gathering outdoor in the school building to preparing the event of the Booster Club Barbecue. The loud rock music is heard from the distance, and there is chatter and cheering from students. The place was filled with excitement and happiness. However, there is one student who isn't happy as he was rather upset and lonely. Matt sighed heavily as he is stacking up the plastic cups on the table. He hasn't been hanging out with his friends lately and he misses them.

He wishes he could find them and talk to them, spend time with them. Caroline is one of his good friends—she is a fun person to hang out with. Matt also misses his best friend, Tyler. When was the last time they even play sport together for fun?

Matt was in his own world until someone accidentally bumped. He snapped out of it as the plastic cups fall to the ground. "Oh my God! I'm so sorry!" a feminine speaks up with an apologetic tone. Matt's bright blue eyes dart at the pretty girl who looks at him with guilty.

She has long, wavy blonde hair and green eyes. She has an athletic build and is somewhat tall but a bit shorter than him. She pushed the long strand of her hair back behind her ear. "I—I wasn't watching where I was going..." she bends down to pick up the cups.

"Oh! No, no. It's okay." Matt assures her as he lowers down to gather the other cups.

The pretty girl smiles shyly at Matt with a wince. "I hope I didn't ruin the cup?" she pats the dirt off from one of the plastic cups.

Matt's lip twitches to a soft smile. "It's fine. We... we have a lot." He said, a bit amused at how guilty the girl obviously felt. "They are just plastic cheap cups. Easily affordable from the store." He added.

"...that's... good." The girl chuckled with a bit of relief and feel silly. After they gathered all the cups, they both stood up and she handed him the rest of the cups. "Again. I'm sorry." She apologized once more.

The Quarterback just shakes his head. "It's fine." He carefully observed her for a moment. "...you look familiar?"

"Ah... that's because I was... I used to be a candidate for Miss Mystic Falls." The girl informed him and made a playful wince on her face. "But I skipped it because I was too... much of a chicken." Then her eyebrow furrowed. "And I was attacked by a wild animal."

Matt's eyes widen in surprise. "Oh wow..." the girl nodded her head sagely. "Are you okay?" he asked, empathically.

"Yeah. Perfectly healed and emotionally well." She said with a gentle smile. "Sorry, what's your name?" she asked, curious.

"Matt. Matt Donovan." He held up his hand to her.

The girl accepted his hand and shake it. "Amber Bradley." Amber introduced herself politely.

"It's nice to meet you, Amber." Matt couldn't help but feel a pull by her pretty warm eyes and cute smile.

Amber giggled shyly. "You too." Before they both knew, they start having animatedly chatting while Amber helps Matt setting up the plastic cups on tables.

Meanwhile, somewhere where Caroline is checking the event to make sure there weren't any problems as it was her duty as a Vice President in Mystic Falls. Kol observed the event with neutral interest.

After Caroline finished talking with one of the cheerleaders, she glanced up and spot Tyler who stared at her. The blonde-haired beauty recalled early this morning that she checked on him, how she comforted him and helped him to take him home.

She approaches Tyler who waits for her. "How are you feeling?" Kol eyeing Tyler up and down disinterested then scanned around the event.

"I'm okay." The Lockwood werewolf shoves his hands in his pockets. "I'm sore, every muscle aches." He admitted.