𝐈𝐈𝐱𝐈𝐈: -𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝

Forbes' Residence
Caroline's Bedroom
Later...

"I know you want to go to the carnival tonight, love. But you really need to call Lexi." Kol insisted to his vampire who had just finished taking a quick shower and dressed in fresh clothes.

Caroline was sitting on the stool in front of the mirror, hearing Kol the blonde become quiet for a moment, tilting her head and lightly touching the bite scar on her neck. "I'll call Lexi later. I promise... But first..." her blue-green eyes darken when she took another look at the scar the Salva-whore gave her.

Kol steps up to his vampire, standing behind her, frowning at the scar. How he wished he could give her his blood to heal these ugly wounds from her beautiful skin. "Someday, your scars will be gone, my love. And that, I swear on my soul." Kol vowed.

Caroline's throat hitched as her eyes widened, she realized something. She dropped her hands, clutching her body as her eyes closed, it seemed she was remembering something. "Kol... were... were you there... when he..." Kol frowned with concern, he knew what she meant and it broke him when he realized how broken she sounded. "...were you there when Damon... when he did this to me?" she whispered blankly.

"Yes. Yes I was. And as much as I wanted to, I couldn't do anything to help you." The Original admitted, disappointed and upset. He knew there was nothing he could do at the moment, to avoid it, but it didn't dismiss his shame. The Original leaned over, gently touching Caroline's scars.

"Oh." The blonde-haired beauty didn't know what to say about that.

Kol's eyes softened when he noticed how humiliated, guilty, and ashamed Caroline seemed to be at this moment. "I know you are upset, my darling. But worry not, Damon Salvatore will have what's coming for him."

Caroline scoffed as she opened her eyes and took a deep breath. She blinked her eyes, trying to keep her tears back. "I'm just—I can't believe he—" she halted herself, not wanting to get too emotional right now. Kol's undead heart sank in sadness when he saw how truly sad she is. "This—!" she grabbed her scar, digs her nails in the skin in anger. "—is ugly! It... it disturbs me, Kol! To know he has the pleasure to know he marked me, that he hurt me." she huffed with a disturbed voice, shaking her head, trying to keep herself in control.

"Hey..." Kol protested weakly when he noticed the blood that spilled from the side of her neck where the bite scar was located. Caroline had dug her nails so deep that she punctured her skin. "You're bleeding, please, don't hurt yourself. I hate to see you hurt." He scolded her lightly.

The blonde-haired beauty blinked, she carefully moved her fingers away from her neck and stared at her bloody nails. Caroline gulped dryly and grabbed the make-up remover wipes, cleaning the blood from her nails. "Blood was supposed to disgust me... but it didn't." she whispered, troubled. "What's wrong with me? Why is this happening to me?" she dumps the bloody wipes on the vanity once her fingernails are clean and free from the blood. "I'm..." she trailed off angrily while pulling back her tears, glaring at the scars from the reflection in the mirror.

Kol slowly lifted his hands, brushing her cheek with the back of his fingers. "No scars truly ruin you. They make you stronger. One day, If you wish, I will heal it for you. But for now, please remember that you are special, sweetheart. Both in and out, you are beautiful."