Chapter 15

BY THE ANGEL! THANK YOU GUYS FOR OVER 4K READS! WOW! I AM SO HAPPY! THANK YOU GUYS!
~Theo's POV~

I look over at Shai, and I can tell she's nervous about what she just said. I'm honestly nervous too. I'm not not mad that she told the rest of the cast, but why didn't she tell me she didn't want to hide it anymore?

There is silence at the table for a few minutes, but Miles breaks it. "That's awesome! We all knew it would happen at some point."

I swallow hard. "You did?"

"Yeah," Ansel says. "Of course we did. C' mon, you guys have been close since the first day on set. Congratulations."

"Besides," Zoe says. "I know Shai well enough to know she was hiding something, and you two were spending a lot of time together. I can put two and two together. And it equals four, which is you."

I laugh a little at that. "Okay, thanks guys."

"Yeah," Shai says. "Thanks. I just wanted to tell you guys."

"So, is it just us that know or what?" Miles asks.

"Just you guys," Shai says. "And I would like to keep it that way."

"Okay," Zoe says. "As hard as it will be to shut our mouths about this awesome news, we'll keep it a secret."

Shai smiles and mumbles a thank you. Then, she says loudly, "Can Theo and I talk alone real quick? We will be right back."

I get up from my chair and follow Shai as she silently makes her way to a private, empty hallway.

"What was that?" I ask, keeping my voice down.

"What do you mean, 'what was that?'? You said you were fine with telling people."

"But you weren't." I say. "And you didn't give me any warming."

"Look, I'm sorry, but Zoe cracked it out of me. I should have talked to you first. I thought they should know why I would be spending a lot of time with you in the next few weeks before I leave." She says.

"Before you leave?" I ask, my voice suddenly dry.

"I have to do some work for The Fault in Our Stars coming up after all the Divergent premiers. We are doing press week early and stuff." She answers.

Crap. I knew that she would have to do that at some point, or go onto a different job after the Divergent buzz was over. I just hadn't thought about what I would do when she did.

"Oh," is all I say.

"Theo," She says, her voice gentle. "I'm sorry. I'm going to miss you like crazy while I'm out there. Maybe, and I know this is a lot to ask, but maybe you could come up with me. Even if you only come up for like a week. It's going to be in LA, and I'm sure you have better things to do. But I don't know. I haven't really thought about our future."

"Shai, I have nothing better to do than spend time with you," I say. "But at some point we are going to have to go to different places. You're going to have a job, and hopefully I am. And at some point, we are not going to be able to see each other hardly at all. Is that our future?"

"I don't want to worry about the future, Theo." She says. "I want to worry about us."

"But we have to have a future, Shai." I tell her.

"What are you saying?" She asks.

"I'm saying that reality just hit me," I say. "And with our jobs it's hard to be together. I want to be with you forever, Shai, but what about in a few years? What about in even a few months?"