Chapter 12

700 reads! That's incredible! Thank you all so much! Seriously, this means so much to me. It just hit me that over 500 people actually like this story enough to keep reading it! This constant improved number of reads keeps me excited to write! By the way, I decided to add a picture onto this chapter! Thanks for 500 guys! :)
~Shai's POV~

I can't believe Theo is taking me skydiving. I've gone skydiving before, not for a while though, and this time it's with Theo. He makes things so much better.

I don't know what he planned, and for all I know, we could have to walk back to the hotel on our own. But I know Theo will have taken care of everything.

This is turning out to be one of the best days of my life.

"Okay, Shai," Theo says, bringing me back to reality. "The helicopter is going to be here soon. Any last minute mind-changes?"

"Nope," I say, very surely. "I know I want to do this with you."

He smiles at that, and grasps my hand, drawing small circle with his thumb. His leg is moving up and down, something he does when he's nervous.

"You okay?" I ask. Theo has gone skydiving before, I don't know why he would be nervous.

"Couldn't be better," He smiles.

"Are you sure?" I say. "You're tapping your leg, and I know what that means."

He quickly stops tapping his leg. "See, I'm fine."

"You don't have to be fine," I say. "It's perfectly normal to be kinda nervous of going skydiving. It's not a big deal."

"I'm okay, Shai." His eyes lock on mine. "I'm just worried that if something happens to you that it'll be my fault, that's all. I'm worried for you. If I hurt myself skydiving, that would be my decision and my fault. But, since it was my idea to take you here, if you got hurt, I wouldn't be able to live with myself, even forgetting the fact that if something went wrong we would probably both die anyway."

"Theo," I say, squeezing his hand a little. "Oh, Theo. If I get hurt, that's my fault not yours and it was my decision to do this, too. It's sweet that you are worried, but you don't have to be. I promise, okay?"

"Okay." He says. He hugs me and I lean my head on his chest, glad there is no armrest between us on the bench we sit on.

I take a deep breath, and I wonder how girls are able to describe how I guy smells in books.

Theo just smells like safety and... Like Theo. He smells fresh and I can smell a little bit of cologne, but that's it. And that's how I like it.

"I love you," He whispers in my ear.

"I love you more," I say, quietly.

"It's hard to tell someone who's so adorable, like you, that they are wrong," Theo says. "But you are wrong. I love you more than you know."

I smile. "Just like how I love you more that you know."

I can hear him take a deep breath. "I guess so,"

Then, the lady at the desk says, "Mr. James and Ms. Woodley, your helicopter is here."

"Okay," Theo says, standing up while he still has hold of my hand.

I stand too and the lady leads us through a few doors. Then, I see a helicopter.

I'm about to get on a helicopter with Theo!

"You sure you're ready?" He asks.

"I'm ready," I confirm. "Are you?"

"I'm ready," He says.

Two guys come out and introduce themselves as our pilots. They give us harnesses and we strap them on.

The also explain how the parachute works and how you should land.

I pick it all up pretty quickly and when Theo has a little trouble with his harness getting wrapped around him, I help him out.

"Thanks," He laughs a bit.

"No problem," I smile.

"Okay," One of the pilots says. "You two ready?"

We both nod and he says, "We're gonna get on the helicopter now, alright?"

"Yep," Theo says.

We follow the guys onto the helicopter. They sit in the front and Theo and I in the back.

We shut the door, buckle up, and then we take off.