Chapter 14

Chapter 14...Hey guys! First of all I'm so happy everyone's getting so into the story! And thanks for all the comments on the last chapter! Happy reading!💋

Travis's POV

Friday, January 15

"I bet you can't get Chloe to kiss you within a week." Nick says. My eyes widen as I'm trying not to laugh.

Josh rolls his eyes, "No way dude."

"C'mon it'll be fun!! We haven't done anything like this in so long." He taunts.

"I don't think Chloe would ever go for it." I chime in.

"He's not gonna tell her! Just we'll know."

"For now." I mutter. Nick glares at me. We're not really the secret keeping type. Especially me.

"I don't know. She'd be so mad if she found out." Josh contemplates.

"And you'd care so much if SHE found out." I tease.

"You don't think you could do it." Nick brings back around.

Nick isn't trying to be mean or taunt Josh, he just likes stuff like this. It's a guy thing, but his is pretty extreme. He likes to make his friends squirm and put wagers on stuff.

"Pff are you kidding me? I wouldn't even need a week." Josh comes back.

And Josh is just as competitive.

"Really?"

"Yeah, just give me the weekend." He smirks.

"Really?" Nick repeats.

"Really?" I say.

"Yeah we're all going to zoo lights tomorrow right?" He confirms.

At the Pittsburgh Zoo every year around Christmas, they put lights everywhere. The trees, statues of animals, even on the workers' uniforms. There's hot chocolate, Christmas music, polar bears shows, everything even related to Christmas or winter. This is the last weekend for it, being as it's the middle of January. So the eight of us our going out tomorrow night.

"Yeah." We both nod.

"By the end of that." He states.

"No way man! You two have only been on speaking terms for like 5 days!" Nick exclaims.

I shrug. "I don't know man, I got my first kiss there."

"Yeah and with Sophia Lucia!" He points. "Still don't know how you pulled that off."

I nod proudly, "What can I say? Girls love that place. You actually had a good idea."

"Thanks. And might I say I'm willing to place my new Jordans on this?" Josh admits.

"But there's two of us?" Nick says motioning in between him and I, "What? We each get one?"

I hold my hands out and shake my head. "No way, count me out. She's gonna kill both of you." I say looking at Josh longer. He actually likes her, and this is a bad idea.

"Fine." Nick states. "And you can have.....my new hockey stick."

Josh smirks and holds his hand out. "It's a deal."

They shake and I sigh. Dumb.

Saturday, January 16

I'm standing in the zoo entrance with Mikey and Nick waiting for everyone to get here.

"Geez why is it always so cold?" Nick complains.

"Think you'd be use to it." Mikey teases.

"Nah man. It's dumb cold. When I can, I'm moving to Hawaii with my supermodel wife."

"Brooke's okay with that?" I smirk.

He nods, "We've discussed it."

Mikey and I both roll our eyes. "Here come the girls." Mikey points out.

I see Brooke and Kendall approaching and smile at the sight of Kendall. Brooke hugs Nick as he kisses the top of her head.

"Awwww." Me, Mikey, and Kendall coo. We're always teasing them.

I met eyes with Kendall at the tail end of laughter. I smile and lightly kick her ankle, "Hey."

"Hey." She says back kicking my ankle. I actually like Kendall a lot but I know she doesn't like me. I'm not gonna give up though. I just tease her too so she doesn't think I'm insanely obsessed. Which I am. I'm probably too immature to have a girlfriend anyway.

Mikey shifts his eyes from Kendall and I to Brooke and Nick. "Okay when's the rest of them getting here?" He playfully rolls his eyes.

The four of us blush and look away. "Knowing Paige they'll be..." Brooke starts.

"Here!" I exclaim pointing in the direction of the arches you walk through to get in. Paige smiles and waves with her black gloves. Chloe and Josh are talking, clearly having a good time as Chloe smiles up to him.

Looks like Nick'll be losing yet another bet.

"Hey guys." The three of them greet.

We start walking along the paths looking at the the Christmas lights and the animals.

"K I'm starving." Kendall proclaims.

"You guys wanna head over to the food court?" Paige suggests.

"Yeah they have hot chocolate and s'mores and stuff." I add in.

"Nah I really have to pee." Mikey squirms.

"Yeah me too. Bathrooms are that way." Brooke nods.

"K let's go Brookey." Mikey teases. She smiles and rolls her eyes as they starting walking.

"Ooh me too!" Paige follows.

"I'll go grab food with you." I express to Kendall. She smiles. We turn on our heels to start walking but I turn back and see Chloe, Josh, and Nick standing there.

I'm such a good friend. "Nick, come with us." I say gritted through my teeth. I wanna be alone with Kendall but Josh deserves to be alone with Chloe more. And I want him to win.

He shakes his head. "Nah I'm good right here." He says stepping in between Chloe and Josh and putting an arm around both of them with a huge grin.

Josh and I exchange a glance. I grab Nick's arm and pull him along as Josh pushes him away, Chloe looking confused as ever.

"What...ugh....noooo!" Nick complains as Kendall giggles and we start walking away.

Author's Note...What'd you guys think? Hope you liked it! Don't forget to comment and vote! Tell your friends to check this out! Thanks for reading!❤️