Chapter 6

Chapter 6...Thanks everyone so much for keeping up with my story! I'm really sorry it's been so long since I updated. I'm going to try to start updating once a week though. Happy reading!💋

Chloe's POV

Friday, January 8

We're all hanging around in Mikey's living room which is always fun. He has the nicest house so we hang out here most of the time. His parents are filthy rich, let me tell ya. And his little brother Gino is the cutest thing in the world.

We've just been all hanging around and talking for most of the night. We'll probably end up going to get food or something, watching TV, playing games, and we'll definitely be doing something stupid. Paige, Brooke, and Mikey all reenter the room and sit down.

"Hey let's watch a movie." Brooke suggests more peppy than usual.

"Yeah let's do it." I throw in there.

"Ooooo let's watch a scary movieeee." Travis coos, taunting Kendall because he knows she hates scary movies.

Kendall locks eyes with him and won't let him look away. "Sounds good, Trav." She says bravely even though I know she's shaking inside. I know Kendall better then anyone else.

Travis makes fun of her like crazy and gives her such a hard time. He's actually low key in love with her and everyone knows because he is pretty open about it. Kendall totally likes him back but she's never really had a boyfriend just because she's so close with so many of her guy friends. I'm pretty sure they've hooked up a few times at parties and stuff but they continue to just tease each other.

"I'll go find one." Mikey says standing up, "Josh help me come pick one out." Josh stands up and starts following Mikey.

"I'll come too." Nick says attempting to get up.

Paige, Brooke, and Mikey all whip their heads around and practically scream, "NO!" Nick looks extremely confused along with Travis, Kendall, Josh and myself. He slowly returns to his seat as Paige and Mikey exchange a glance. Mikey shrugs and pulls a Josh along.

"Sorry Nick," Brooke starts, "I just don't want you to leave." She says patting his knee and obviously lying.

"Umm okay." Nick says not believing her either.

I take my feet off the ottoman and put them on the floor. "Mmkay, what the heck is going on here?" I asked setting my phone down.

"Uh I don't know I'm hungry let's get food." Paige says quickly then grabbing my wrist and pulling me away.

We pass the kitchen and I get confused. "Um sweetheart do you know where you're going?" She chooses not to answer me as we keep walking down the hallway. We turn the corner where the closet is where Mikey keeps the DVDs and stuff.

This next part happened so fast I'm not even sure what went down. Paige, still gripping my wrist, basically flings me into the closet. She's pretty strong for being so much shorter then me. "What the-" I start to say.

Someone catches me, who I think is Mikey, and I hadn't seen him before this moment. "What is wrong with you?" I hear someone question.

Mikey spins me farther into the closet and he runs out the door. Josh brushes past my shoulder chasing Mikey. I see Brooke's face before I hear a large slam until all I see is the wood door.

"Okay, what the heck just happened?" I say trying to comprehend the last minute of my life.

Josh turns around with a irritated face. "Are you stupid?! They locked us in here!!"

I'm too ticked off the respond to his insult. "Is this a freakin joke?!" I say then start walking towards the closet door, my shoulder brushing past Josh's. I pound on the door. "Paaaigee!!"

"Mikey I'm gonna kill you." Josh speaks now joining me at the door.

I hear Mikey laugh. Josh and I both pound on the door hard just one time. I look at him and slightly smile that he returns. It was just kind of funny we both had the exact same reaction.

"This is for your own good." Brooke explains.

"What is?!" Josh angrily says.

We can hear Brooke whisper something Paige but we can't make it out. Josh and I immediately start pounding on the door again.

"And stop pounding on the door, you're gonna break it!" Brooke exclaims.

"That's kinda the idea sweetheart." Josh sarcastically says.

"Ughh just let us out!" I whine.

"Ummm I think we lost the key." Paige lies and then she giggles.

"I'm so freakin done." I admit to Josh.

"Unlock the door Brooke." He says sternly. No answer. "Paige? Paigey? C'mon Mike?" No answer. Josh and I lock eyes for a second and then we start banging on the door louder than before.

"Help...Let us out!...Get me out of here!...Help!!!!" We are doing that for all of 30 seconds until we start dying out. Now Josh has stopped and is just walking around. I'm lightly hitting the door just mumbling, "Help...help."

"It's no use." Josh says sliding his back down the wall. "We're trapped."

"Let's call the police." I suggest.

"Are you a freakin idiot?" He says looking up at me.

I look at him sitting on the floor. "It's called sarcasm, huh?"

"Yeah right, I honestly didn't know it was possible to be so stupid until I met you." Josh says.

"Oh please, I'm 10 times smarter then you! I'm in Calc thank you very much." I reply.

"K, you pass your way by in school but you have no common sense. You expect other people to think for you."

"I expect nothing of other people. If you spend your time trusting other people, you get nothing. Trust me, I learned the hard way." I said that last part a little lower and looking down.

"How?"

"Oh thanks. Like you actually know anything about me to make fun of me for that." I retort.

"No really, how?" He asks genuinely putting his hand out. When he asked me 'how?' I just kind of assumed he said it in an arrogant and obnoxious way, but thinking back, he didn't. He sounded very vulnerable and curious.

"Oh um ya know, just my friends aren't good secret keepers." I say not very convincingly. There's no way I'm gonna pour all this out on anyone let alone Josh Hyland. I mean no one would really care anyways, it's not that big a deal.

"I know that's not true." He simply says.

"Yes it is." I say a little harsher then I should have.

Josh shrugs as if he's given up on the subject. I slide my back down the wall directly across from him and hugged my knees. I knew we would be in here for a while.

Author's Note...What'd you guys think? Hope you liked it! Don't forget to comment and vote! Thanks for reading!❤️