Chapter 5

Chapter 5...Hey guys, sorry it's been a while since my last update. But we're over 100 reads now! Thanks so much! Happy reading!💋

Mikey's POV

Friday, January 8

After lunch, I walk to study hall and take a seat. As I'm putting my books away, Paige comes in and sits next to me.

"Hey blondie." I say.

She smiles. "Hey I need your help with something."

Me and Paige are really good friends. We like to say were counterparts in our groups. We are always ones trying to get Chloe and Josh to stop fighting. I sorta kinda have a thing for her but no one knows that. I don't know, I think she'd think it'd be weird.

"Yeah sure what?"

"Well, it's a little crazy, but me and and Brooke have this idea." She explains.

"Did you?" I tease.

She playfully pushes me giggling. "Stooop. Okay so we wanna try to set up Chloe and Josh. Like as a couple."

"Is this the same Chloe and Josh I know?" Paige nods. "The ones who can't stay in the same room together for more them 5 minutes?" She nods again. "And you want them to be boyfriend and girlfriend?"

"K I know, never mind." She says dramatically trying to make me feel bad and starts getting up.

I grab her hand and pull her back down. "Not so fast blondie. I wanna help."

"Why? You just said how much you think they hate each other, which is 100% true."

"Yeaah, but I don't wanna be left out." I say which is partially true. She rolls her eyes while smiling. "So I'm assuming this was Brooke's idea?" I question.

"Well duuhhh." She says and I smile. "She thinks they are secretly in love and are 'perfect' for each other."

"She says that about everyone." I remind her.

"Yeah but this time, I think she might not be so crazy..?" Paige says almost as a question.

If anyone except Paige was telling me this, I wouldn't even be listening. "So you're gonna like make them go on a date?"

"Not exactly..." She trails off. "So we figured we just gotta get them to spend some time together, like just the two of them."

"They'd never go for it." I remind her.

"I'm aware, so we're gonna have to-"

"What? Throw them in the basement and lock 'em in there?" I interrupt her jokingly.

"We were thinking closet." She says. I shake my head and rest it down on the desk in amusement and disbelief. Paige giggles and continues to tell me the rest of her plan.

Once I got home, my parents were just taking their suitcases out to the car. My little brother, Gino, and I were saying goodbye to them.

"Okay have fun this weekend and be good." My mom orders.

"Don't worry mom, we always are." I remind her. My parents go out of town for half of the weekends in the year. They own an athletic shoe company that is really popular all over the world. My parents basically started it from scratch when they were in their 20's and somehow took off into one of the biggest international corporations. So yeah, we're a little rich.

"We'll be back on Sunday, don't set too many ovens on fire." My dad says and looks at Gino.

"One time!!" He defends.

We all roll our eyes smiling as our parents are hugging us goodbye. "Be nice to your company tonight Mikey!" I put my hand up to wave and start turning around to go back inside.

"Ooh who's coming over tonight?" Gino asks excitedly.

"Brooke, Kendall, Nick, Josh, Paige, Chloe, and Travis." I say in a monotone voice. He opens his mouth to say something. "And before you say anything, no. Get out. Go play with Mackenzie or something."

"Aw no please." Gino always loves to hang out with and bug me and my friends. And Chloe and Kendall are totally in love with him because he's 'soooo cuteeee.' I just think he's annoying.

"Whatever just stay here, I don't care. Just stay out of our way." This probably sounds a little harsh but I really do love my brother. He's in sixth grade and I'm in tenth, obviously and I think we're a good age apart. I have to be kind of mean to him so I can stand my ground.

"Yes! Thanks Mikey!" He says running away.

I smile and shake my head at him while I start setting up for tonight. I hear a knock on my door and see Brooke has arrived first. Kendall was walking up not too far behind her. She leans in close to me, "Paige tell you the plan?" I nod. "Good." She says in the tone of voice like we are carrying some classified government secret.

I shake my head and smile as Kendall arrives at then door. "Hey K."

"She literally sprinted out of the car the second we got here. And the car was still moving." She says referring to Brooke in confusion. "You're so weird." Kendall says walking past Brooke into the bathroom.

I put my hands out motioning to Brooke 'what were you thinking.' She shrugs. "What? We can't tell everyone our plan or else Chloe and Josh might find out! I didn't even want to tell you but Paige insisted."

"She did?" I ask curiously.

Brooke nods. "She said we needed a boy's point of view." I nod looking down, a little disappointed. Brooke was walking over to the couch so now she is right next to me. "But don't think I don't notice the chemistry between you two."

I can feel my face getting red but I turn around to face her anyways. "Y-you-"

"Sorry." She puts her hand up. "I can only focus on one couple at a time. But dontchu worry, I ship you and Paige hard and you're next."

"Uh. Ok?" I say almost as a question. She smiles.

Josh, Nick, and Travis all arrive next. The six of us were all just hanging around for about a half hour until Paige and Chloe arrive and of course Chloe complains that it was all Paige's fault.

Later on, Brooke stands up and announces, "I'm going to get something to drink." Paige and I were both on our phones so we weren't really paying attention but before we knew it Brooke is grabbing both of our arms and dragging us into the kitchen.

"So you guys both ready?" Paige and I both nod our heads and then Brooke says, "Okay, let's put the plan into action."

Author's Note...What'd you guys think? Hope you liked it! Please comment and tell me what you think! Thanks for reading!❤️