Chapter 1

Chapter 1...Hey guys new writer on Wattpad here! I've written a few fan fics on Instagram before but this account will be for all my new fan fics. My first book is called Change of Heart and I hope you guys like it! One quick note, Paige, Josh and Brooke are not related in the story which is why they all have different last names and it will be from all different people's point of view. Happy reading!💋

Thursday, January 7

Chloe's POV

I am sitting on my window seat on just a normal Thursday praying I'll see Paige's car before my mom wakes up. I'd wait outside but in the heart of winter in Pittsburgh standing outside is not something I want to do. I see the red Mercedes roll up my driveway and I run out the door.

"You know maybe just one time a year you could be on time?" I said to my best friend.

"Wow that's a great way to treat someone who drives you to school everyday." Paige replies.

"Yeah, yeah." I say as we drive about 20 feet down the block to pick up our next passenger.

We sit there for all of 3 seconds until I'm complaining. "God, doesn't anyone understand the purpose of time?"

"Chlo, he's right there, calm down." She tries reassuring me as Josh Hyland strolls out of his front door. I roll my eyes.

"Hey Paige."

"Hey Hyland." Paige says as she backs out of the driveway. "'Good morning Chloe.' 'Morning Josh. How are you?' I'm great Chloe, thanks for asking.'" Paige imitates us having a conversation.

We both scoff at this because it would never happen. Josh and I don't get along. Never have. Never will. And I honestly can't tell you why. He's this self-absorbed jerk who is so inconsiderate to everyone else. He moved to Pittsburgh in the middle of the year last year and all of my friends instantly fell in love with him except for me. And I don't mean they wanted to like marry him they just all like wanted him in our group. I don't really like change I guess. Every time my life has changed it's been for the worst. And to make it worst, he's my neighbor and I'm talking right diagonally across the street like I can see his house from my room.

"It was worth a try." Paige says as neither of say anything and she almost runs into a school bus. Josh and I both snicker at how bad of a driver Paige is. Honestly, she must have bribed the guy who gave her the driving test. I can't tell you how many times I've almost died in this car. However, she is one of the only sophomores who has a license and a car. And she happens to be my best friend.

Yeah Paige has been my best friend for a while now. We're at that point in our relationship where we never are mad at each other because every single reason you could be mad at someone for, we've have been. Our friendship isn't like those annoying girls who are like attached at the hip either, we are independent and can be on our own too. She is basically like my mom. She's always reminding me to do stuff and explaining things to me because, well, I can be a little ditsy sometimes. We balance each other out.

We pull up to school and Paige, Josh, and I all part our separate ways to go to our lockers. As I approach mine, I see Mikey at his locker, which happens to be right by mine.

"Hey Michael." I say as I start turning my lock.

"Don't call me that." He says playfully elbowing me and I smile and look up at him. Mikey Evans is probably the sweetest person I've ever met. He is hands down my best guy friend. We are as close as can be and are always making fun of each other. I actually just met him last year in high school because we went to different grade schools. But that first day in science class when we were paired together, we became instant best friends.