Just this once

I was woken to the smell of sweet pancakes coming from the kitchen. My bedroom door was half open so I guessed that Joel had come to check on me while I was sleeping. I grabbed my phone off the bedside table and opened a chat with Aleksi. I needed to talk to him, we haven't had any time to ourselves since we've arrived in Finland and we definitely need a small catch-up session.

Luna:
Hey, are you up? <3

It didn't take long for my phone to ping with a reply from my best friend.

Aleksi:
Yeah, you doing okay?

Luna:
I'm good, you wanna hang out today?

Aleksi:
Got band practice first but we could go for coffee afterwards. You gonna come to rehearsals?

Luna:
Sure we can go for coffee. Don't you want alone time with the guys? I'm sure you don't always want me at your work.

Aleksi:
No it's fine, what else would you do the whole day anyways? Accept the fact that you have new friends and hang out with them.

Luna:
Okay, i'll see you at the studio then. Love you <3

Aleksi:
Love you too xx

As I put my phone back on the bedside table, I see Joel stood in the doorway with two plates in his hands.

»I figured you'd want some food, so I made us pancakes.« He said and handed me a plate full of the food he had just made. I caught myself staring at him again. His hair was still up in that bun. That fucking bun. His eyes were staring dead into mine and they were such a beautiful shade of blue. He had a pair of joggers on and a hoodie with the blind channel logo on it.

»Thank you, it looks great!« I say while stopping my unholy thoughts. I sit up with my legs crossed and Joel sits himself on the other end of the bed mimicking my position.

» I'm sorry about last night« I start. »I was just really tired and couldn't think straight. « I lied to him again. I couldn't tell him that I was annoyed at him for how he acted around me and Aleksi, I was afraid he would kick me out of his apartment if I told him I was angry at him. I was worried he wouldn't want to be friends with me, which would break Aleksi's heart because he wants nothing more than to see me make new friends, especially with his band mates.

» It's okay, don't worry about it. Now eat your pancakes before they get cold!« He giggled and and I had to laugh back. We ate our pancakes while talking about how Aleksi had asked me to join them at rehearsals today and so of course Joel said he'd pick Aleksi and Joonas up from downstairs and he'd drive us all there like yesterday.

Once we had finished eating, Joel took the plates and went to the kitchen. I went to the bathroom and showered, brushed my teeth and did my hair and makeup. I wore Black ripped jeans with a plain white oversized shirt. I grabbed my converse from infront of the door and sat on the sofa to put them on. Joel walked out from his room. He wore Black skinny jeans with a black Nine inch nails shirt. He also wore a leather jacket on top. His hair was now down and he hadn't made any effort to style it.

»When can I do something to your hair?« I ask him.

»What do you mean?« He questioned with a confused look on his face.

»Like can I straighten it, or curl it or give you pigtails?« I ask him with puppy eyes. I really liked his bun and I needed to see other styles.

»Just this once, and i'll even wear it to the studio« He said and slumped onto the sofa next to me.

I ran to my room and grabbed a hairbrush and 2 hair bands. I went back to him with a smile on my face and stood behind the sofa. I parted his hair down the middle and gave him two french plaits.

»You're all done« I said with a grin and I dragged him off of the sofa to the bathroom to look in the mirror.

»Do you like it?« I ask him still beaming.

»No I don't« He said with a serious look on his face.

»In fact, I love it!« He said and turned to face me.

»Don't scare me like that!« I shouted at him and hit his chest playfully.

»Your face was priceless, now come on or we're gonna be late.« He said and we made our way out of the bathroom and downstairs to pick up Aleksi and Joonas.

»Hello Joelina!« Joonas said as he opened his apartment door.

»Didn't know you had a sister, Luna.« Aleksi said copying Joonas' remark.

»At least I make a pretty girl« Joel said and folded his arms on his chest to make himself look angry.

»Aww, the princess is throwing a tantrum, we must leave before she lashes out.« Joonas says and we all laugh and make our way to Joel's car.

We soon arrive at the studio and as we walk in, Tommi, Olli and Niko are already getting started.

»We thought you guys weren't gonna show up!« Niko says as he saw us entering the studio. »And where's Joel? Did you not bring him? And who's this new girl?« He said and started to giggle, everyone else giggling with him but Joel.

»Shut it Niko, with that long hair of yours I bet Luna can turn you into Niki.« He said and laughed at his own joke.

»Oh my God, can I?« I ask smiling again.

»Maybe one day you can give everyone a makeover, but right now we have Album number 4 to make.« Niko said and they all got to work. I sat on one of the sofas and scrolled through instagram while occasionally giving the boys some ideas. I could tell they wanted to include me in their work, but I had only known them for a few days and wanted to leave them to their own work.

Aleksi came and sat next to me.

» You know you don't have to hide away from the guys, They're more than happy to have you work with us.« He said and pulled me for a hug. My head lay on his chest and his arm was around me.

»I know but they're your friends, now please go and have fun. I'll be here waiting for you so we go out for that coffee, okay?« I say. I feel guilty for always tagging along with Aleksi, but I have nowhere else to go. I need to find a job.

»I know they're my friends but they're your friends too you know, Just wait for it and soon you'll realise that this is your new home.« Aleksi replied to me and stroked my back gently. I could feel Joel's eyes staring at us, but I didn't dare look in his direction. Why was it that every time I'm with Aleksi, His mood changes from a sweet and caring gentleman, to an annoying brat?

Aleksi went back to the guys and worked with them until it was time they finished. We said goodbye to the guys, but Joel stayed quiet in the corner of the room, focused on his phone. Me and Aleksi made our way to a small café not far from the studio. He ordered us both a coffee and we sat down at a table in the back of the café.

»So, you getting on well with the guys?« He asked me.

»Yeah, they all seem to like me which is good, but I do want to tell you something, Aleksi.« I looked at him with a lopsided smile. I didn't know how Aleksi would react to the fact that me and Joel kissed the other day.

»What is it? You can tell me anything you know that.« He said and sipped his coffee.

»It's about Joel.« I begin and Aleksi's eyes widen.

A/N:
Im sorry for not updating regularly but school starts again in a few days and i may or may not have extreme amount of homework piled up that i haven't done. Oops 🙊.
Will update this story asap as it is getting juicy!