Chapter 2- longings

7 years ago

few months were left for Bondita to turn 16. She had turned into a very smart girl. Aniruddh as well as whole Roy Chaudhary family was proud of her. She was kind as well as compassionate.She was graceful, pretty but not a hint of ego.

She topped class each year.She had grown into a beautiful girl . Voice of her anklets and her laughter filled Roy Chaudhary house .House felt complete,it finally felt like home.

Som and Batuk loved Bondita. Binoy still didn't like Bondita but was indifferent to her presence.Aniruddh cared for Bondita more then anything else ,He admired her but not in the way Kaka wanted.He admired her as a student ,as a friend ,as family but not as wife .They had a perfect relationship and were very happy.

Kaka still wanted Bondita and Aniruddh to have relationship like normal husband wife do ,but now his persistence had become less then before but not completely over though.

Everything was good until months before she was going to be 16 .

One day ,when Bondita was in the study ,a book which was kept on the upperside of the shelf caught her attention .The shelf was big so she took a small ladder that was kept in the study ,when she was trying to reach to the book she suddenly lost her balance

She closed her eyes thinking she is about to fall ,but Annirudh entered study at the same time and caught her.

He had held her from the waist to stop her from falling .His one hand was on her perfectly slender waist and one on the ladder to stop it from falling.She turned around still standing on ladder and put her both hands on his shoulders to take support.Her long hairs flew all over her face . Annirudh' s hand automatically moved towards her hair ,he tucked the strands behind ears so that she can get down easily.

She accidentally looked into his eyes ,her eyes met his and for a moment her heart stopped.It was almost evening, Rays from sunset entered through glass windows and fell on Annirudh's face, Bondita had never been this close to his face .

They were dangerously close ,his hand on her waist sent tingles down her spine.She felt butterflies in her stomach.As soon as his fingers touched her bare waist ,she felt a shiver all over her body.A small inaudible gasp left her mouth.

She noticed his sharp features for the first time. His dreamy eyes ,she felt like she could look in those eyes forever.His perfect nose, and those alluring lips.He felt as if she was being drawn to that face .For a moment she felt his face coming towards her ,her body felt a new tinge of excitement ,she didn't know what was happening but she wanted him close to her is all she knew.

She would stop the time if she could.

"Come on ,get down slowly" said Annirudh breaking her forbidden chain of thoughts.

His hands were still on her waist ,He gently put her down the ladder holding her from her waist.

"Are you okay shona?" He asked

"Hmmm " is all she managed to say

"Next time you would tell me if you need anything,do not try climbing up understood ." He said sitting on his knees holding Bondita' s hand .He said it gently but sternly .

Bondita nodded ,as she withdrew her hands and took some steps back so that she could finally take in some air.

That night Bondita could not sleep,she paced around her room and at last went and stood infront of large window admiring the moon .

Winds were moving slowly and she could hear some insects making noise outside but otherwise it was calm.She couldn't slide off Annirudh out of her mind how much ever she tried ,she couldn't even concentrate on studies that day.