Night Begins To Shine

[A/N: this is my first book, so let me know what you think and share this with other people as well. This oneshot is based on a song. btw I won't repeat what happens if the chorus is repeated a bunch of times. Also, this has a mature rating just in case :]

I saw you dance
From the corner
I caught your name
In a conversation

     Alejandro sat alone in the corner of the bar, staring at the flat-screen TV. He didn't have any reason to be here other than it's Friday night. He didn't have the energy to do anything, that's probably why he is here, finishing his beer. Suddenly, music started playing.

Alejandro's POV

"1, 2, 3, not only you and me..."

     The music was blasting through speakers, but I wasn't in the mood for it. I was just about to finish my drink when, in the corner of my eye, I saw something. I looked over to see many people dancing to the beat, but one, in particular, caught my eye. She danced to the beat, with her raven-black hair swaying across her face. I couldn't help but stare at the beauty in front of me. I now felt like I had the energy to dance, my mood swinging drastically. I got up, putting my drink aside.

No one's POV

     "Hey, Heather. I will see you at work on Monday," a brunette girl said. Heather waved back as she left the bar.

Playing hard-to-get
But I can understand 

Alejandro's POV

     Heather

     "Do you mind if I dance with you?" I asked in the smoothest way possible.

     "What if I do?" she replied, without even looking at me. Interesting.

     "Well, you would miss out on having an amazing night, Chica," I replied smoothly. She finally looked up, shooting daggers at me. Dios mío, her blue-grey eyes are so unique and alluring.

     Her eyes slowly widened when she looked at me. "Shall we?" I ask her, again.

     "Ew, no way! Get out of my face, guy!" she spat back.

     "You're quite luchadora, Heather," I said, emphasizing her beautiful name.

     She flinched when I said her name. "I don't know what you said, and I quite frankly, don't care. So like, go away! Also, how the heck do you know my name?"

     "I have my ways," I replied, with my signature smirk.

     "Ugh! Creep!" As she was about to go, I grabbed her hands and looked into her eyes.

When I look at you
I see the story in your eyes
When we're dancing
The night begins to shine

     I gazed into her eyes, and she looked into mine. We almost couldn't look away. She had begun to blush and to be honest, I felt my face heating up too. "Do you mind if I dance with you, Heather?" the music in the background had changed to salsa.

     "I.. ugh fine, since your not bugging off!" she replied

     I swiftly grab her hands, our fingers locking in place. We began to move to the beat. My heart was beating harder as I felt more alive every second. Our dancing became more intense as we maintained eye contact. Damn, she sure knows how to dance to a salsa! This strange night seemed to just keep getting better.