Catchin' Villians

[Next one. Some of the lyrics aren't used in the book because I couldn't think of a way to correlate them with the story. BTW if you can guess correctly where this picture was taken you'll get a 🍪]

 BTW if you can guess correctly where this picture was taken you'll get a 🍪]

Pull up, pull up, pull up, now we cruisin' in the wind
She just couldn't wait to get out, she textin' all of her friends
Like look at the whip that we in, we coolin' for the weekend
Drop the top and then we out, we do this every season

No one's POV

     Alejandro sat in his scarlet red, convertible Porsche, with Heather at shotgun beside him. They had just finished their first date and he decided to take the scenic route back to Heather's house, going around the mountains. They were blasting music with the sunroof down, the wind blowing through their hair. They both had sunglasses on, as the sun was still out, even though it was nearing dusk. Although Heather hated admitting this, she had to give him credit for the idea, and couldn't resist snapping a photo of the majestic view.

     "You enjoying this aren't you, mi amor?" Alejandro said with a smirk.

     "Yeah it's quite nice, I guess," she replied, with a hint of reluctance. 

     They both wore casual summer attire; Alejandro in a colourful, summer-themed shirt with some shorts and Heather wore a sleeveless crop top with denim shorts.

Sun shades on a sunny day
Doing 80 in the switching lane
Just keep it cool and chill it with the bae
Don't call my phone not hearing what you say, oh, what you say

     The twisty road was coming to an end and coming to a straight road that led to the highway. Alejandro decided to increase the speed by switching to sports mode. 

     "Why are you going so fast?!" Heather asked, even though her voice was being drowned out by the sound of the engine.

     "Relax, mi amor. We're on the highway," Alejandro said, pointing out to the road. "Plus," he turned to face her, "didn't you say you wanted to get home quickly?"

     "Yeah, and then you took the longest route back!"

     "But it's the best route," he corrected her. "You saw the view back there. It sure does remind me of you. Hard not to look at and you could almost get lost into it."

     "Ugh, whatever," she rolled her eyes and turned her face, to hide the blush on her cheeks.

We ain't gotta keep this on the low
Don't do it fast, we can take it slow
Show you things that you ain't seen before
Before you go, you oughta know

     They finally arrived, to Heather's relief. She wanted to get away from him before she makes it painfully obvious her true feelings. She quickly got out of the car when they came to a stop and her way to the front door. Before she could make it there, she felt a hand grab her arm. It was Alejandro's. It was a gentle, but firm grip. She turned around.

     "Heather, I really enjoyed our date today. And the drive back was great as well. I could tell, no matter how much you will deny it, you thoroughly enjoyed yourself too. So I was going ask you if you wanted to be in an official relationship." he stated. 

     "Uh... I," she couldn't think of a response.

     "We can do things at your pace. Think about all the things we could do together... Could you at least... give me a chance?" he asked, very politely.

     Heather was slowly backing away. "Uh... can we... talk about it later. I have... uh... something I need to do now."

     Before Alejandro could respond, Heather quickly opened her front door and slammed it shut. 

I won't be catchin' villains
But she got me catchin' villains
I can't be catchin' villains
But she got me catchin' villains

Heather's Pov

     I leaned my back against the door and slowly fell till my knees were in front of my shoulders. I have never wanted to be in a relationship with anyone before. Mainly because I have... never experienced unconditional love. My parents were self-centred people who never cared for me. I didn't have friends that actually love me. I had siblings who would bully me or pull pranks on me (though I do get my revenge).

This villain's new new, not new to me (is new for her)
Girl (boy in this case), you don't whatchu, do d-do to me
So just run it back like a play, that play for me

     These feelings of love were something different for me. Something new. I've never been loved by someone. I've never loved anyone. Not until the first time I met him. He was just perfect in every way. We had so many things in common. Like, how we are both manipulative, smart, strategic, hot. Yes, he is hot! And I know I'm in love with him because I just can't stop thinking about him. About what he could be doing right at that moment, or what a future with him would look like. I even dream about him. Oh, God. 

     I don't want to love him. But I do. Maybe I should just accept that?

[In case you don't understand this. "Catchin' villains" is a play on words and what is actually meant is catching feelings]

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\