Trapped

[A/N: This one's been in the draft for a while but it's finally done! Remember to add this book to your library to get updates, or just follow me. Also, check out the TD social media book which will be getting more updates soon. Enjoyy :D]

"The store will be closing in five minutes. Please make your way to the exit," the voice boomed through the speakers around the mall shop. I've never understood the need to remind shoppers that this place is closing. Like, who would be dumb enough to get locked up in a mall?

Anyway, all I needed were fruit salads for the rest of the week, which were on the other side of the building. I pushed my full trolley across the floor, passing by children and parents rushing out. Once I arrived, I picked up three packets of salad and chucked them into the trolley.

Suddenly, the lights dimmed and the same voice from the speakers filled my ears. "Thank you for shopping at Jarfffmart Grocery store. We hope to see you soon!"

My heart dropped for a second. That couldn't have been five minutes, could it? I checked the time on my phone. 21:00. My heart rate was increasing as the realisation was hitting me. There's no way I just got trapped in a store! Only idiots do that! I darted for the front doors only to see they were shut. Panic was looming as a banged my fists against the corrugated metal, screaming for anyone to open the doors.

"Heather?" I jumped at the sound of someone's voice. A very familiar voice. One I knew all too well.

I turned around to see him leaning against a pillar. Alejandro. Out of all the people I could get stuck with, it had to be him (whom I DO NOT have a crush on). I just stood there in utter shock.

"Why me," I mutter under my breath.

"Long time no see, huh? Though I wouldn't have expected to meet you again in these circumstances" he says, walking towards me now.

"Why the fuck did it have to be you!" I stomp my foot, clenching my fists until my nails felt like they dug into my hands.

"I don't know. Maybe the universe has brought us together because we were meant to be, no?" he said, draping an arm over my shoulders. I flinch at the sudden contact whilst his smirk only widens. "Plus now that we are here, we can catch up." He leads me to one of the isles.

"Let go of me! And I don't want to talk to you! I wanna go home! UGH!" I shout, wriggling out of his arm. "Do you have airtime?"

"My phone's in my car," he says, with a smug grin stuck on his face, which only annoys me more. "And I assume you don't have any?"

"Unfortunately. And I have no data either," I explain, as I sat on the cold floor, leaning on one of the shelves.

"Stay here, I've got an idea," he said. I wanted to react but he had already disappeared into another aisle, leaving me to my thoughts for a moment. Another wave of panic was looming at the realization that I was stuck in a shop for the rest of the night.

When he returned, he was carrying a few sacks. "Are you trying to show off your muscles?"

"No, mi querida. I could lift much more than this. These sacks of flour are going to be used for our makeshift bed. I'm sure it will be comfy."

As much as I wanted to say no, he had a point. Lying on the cold floor wasn't going to cut it for me! "Fine, but only because it's logical. I don't want to freeze to death."

"Whatever you say, mi amor," he replied as I followed up with a scoff. He lightly chuckled, to my surprise, as he dropped the sacks.

I immediately pull a sack towards me, heaving myself off the cold floor and onto a much more comfortable makeshift bed. It still wasn't that comfy but it was certainly an upgrade from the floor.