Training and Tea - Neji Hyuga (Naruto)

A/N: This is a request from purecerise and simpforneji!! Hope you enjoy, my lovely darlings!

Side note: I hope school is going well for anyone who is starting soon/has already started! I'm into my senior years now and boy, I have practically no spare time anymore. Anyways, good luck! You're gorgeous, beautiful, handsome, smart, lovely, amazing, and adorable always! Stay hydrated, stay safe. <3

Oh yeah, and enjoy the oneshot~

***************************

The familiar scent of tea filled my nose, and I smiled lightly. I knew exactly when Neji was to arrive for our weekly training sessions, simply from the smell of the tea he brought.

"Y/n." The Hyuga greets from somewhere behind me, and I hear the gentle sound of the platter being set down on the wooden balcony.

"Neji." I stand, and as soon as I'm sure the tea is securely out of his hands, I throw a spinning kick toward him.

He quickly blocks, then countered with a classic Hyuga styled attack.

We find ourselves in the middle of the training ground, battling each other.

"New kind of tea?" I slide and attempt to kick his feet out from under him, "It smells new."

"Keen nose as ever." He chuckles, jumping over my sweeping blow and flipping over me, "My little cousin gathered some tea leaves for us from a forest up north."

I'm actually beginning to be able to keep up with his attacks, as well as throw a few of my own. I'm getting better.

"She really looks up to you, you know." Neji adds, continuing to match my pace of attacks.

"She's got quite a bit of potential herself, from what I've seen. But she was so sweet to make us tea, and here we are fighting, instead of drinking it."

Neji hops back a moment, then brushes a strand of hair out of his face.

"Well then I suppose we should hurry up and finish this, no?"

I sigh with a determined smile, and lunge back at him.

The fight goes on for a short four or five minutes longer, before Neji pulls one of his Hyuga moves on me, finishing the fight in an instant.

I stumble back and cough, even though he dialled back his 64 palms technique, it still did a number on me.

"Agh... damn you Neji." I grumble, noticing my body was now substantially weaker than a few seconds ago.

He only chuckles, before hopping onto the wooden deck of the Hyuga's house. His steady hands grab one of the small cups and pours some tea into it.