Chapter 4: Kyoshi Island

"What!?"

(Y/n) shot up from her bed because of the commotion next to her room, this causing her to get on her feet quickly to see what was going on. Was Zuko hurt? She opened her door and peaked around the corner to find Iroh fanning himself off.

"You really should open a window in here." The elder man stated. She wiped the sleep from her eyes as she came closer behind Iroh, confused and still hazy from sleep.

"What's going on?" You yawned, arms stretching up. Zuko ignored you and instead snatched the map from his uncles hands.

"Well, there have been multiple sightings of the Avatar, but he is impossible to track down." Iroh stated, rubbing at his beard slowly. (Y/n) then understood what the conversation was about and felt less tired than before. She wasn't a master of maps or searching like the crew was, so she was at a bit of a loss.

"How am I going to find him uncle?" Zuko asked desperately, eyebrows furrowing as he looked over the pin points on the map. "He is clearly a master of evasive maneuvering."

She took a closer step into Zuko's room, peaking onto the map.

"Oh," (y/n) laughed, pointing down at the map. "This is where the koalaotters are- oh, oh! And the flying fishopotamus are native here.." she slid her finger to a different corner where it was also marked. Zuko looked down to the girl with a frustrated and weirded out look. (Y/n) rolled her eyes and explained,

"When I was younger my father would show me these places on maps for whenever the fire kingdom took over the world. We would be able to go and visit them as we pleased- but um, the avatar. He's a 12 year old boy, he probably wants to see cool animals." Zuko widened his eyes and brought the map, closer to her.

"Then where would he go next?"

"Uhh.." (y/n) hummed, looking down at the map. She then slid her finger across multiple islands where he could be. "The last place he would probably want to go is around this area.. I'm not exactly sure where, Zuko. I think maybe Kiyoshi Island.." She answered, the teen tearing it away from her roughly.

"Why would you? you're just some stupid girl anyways." Before slamming it down on the table in front of him. (Y/n) gasped before pointing her finger at him in anger,

"You're the one who asked for my help! Maybe if you got better at reading maps than I wouldn't have to do it for you, you- child!" (Y/n) yelled back, Iroh's eyes widening before he took a step outside of the room. Zuko turned around quickly and tried to grab at her neck but only caught her collar, pulling her closer to his face.

"If you disrespect me like that again, expect to be taught a lesson." He leaned down and whispered against her ear, her hands holding at his wrist.

"You wouldn't dare." She whispered back, head turning for her lips to brush against his ear. Zuko shuddered, head popping back. He wasn't expecting that from her. In this position, (y/n)'s nightgown had lifted up to her upper thighs. Zuko's eyes moved down for a moment before he let her go quickly, a 'ahem' escaping his lips. Her nightgown fell back down to her knees and he felt a sort of relief. It made him comfortably uncomfortable? to see her in positions like that.

"Next time you want help from me in your maps, go somewhere else. I'm just a 'girl' anyways- not like I've been your 'Courtier' for almost three years." The girl yelled before turning around. Zuko grabbed her wrist suddenly, making her look back to him in confusion. He looked stunned for a moment before he shook his head and let her go.