029

The pit in Remus' stomach twisted and turned as he and his father apparated to King's Cross

The pit in Remus' stomach twisted and turned as he and his father apparated to King's Cross. He had to try to catch Ana as soon as possible so he looked like less of an asshole.

Lyall hugged his son awkwardly. Remus was much taller than him. "I'll send news when the baby gets here. What's your last guess?"

"I think it'll be a girl. Mum always wanted a girl."

With that, Remus stepped onto the train and quickly found his friends in their usual spot: the last compartment. He could hear their boisterous laughter from the moment he stepped onto the carpeted floor. Some other compartment was playing exploding snap as something fizzled close to his head before emitting a small explosion behind him.

He took a deep breath as he walked into view of the compartment. Yes, he loved those three boys, but he had to prepare himself for them. Often he blamed his bouts of limited social battery on the moon, but they were really excuses to retreat to somewhere quiet and peaceful.

"Moony!"

James came at him with a forceful hug. "Did you grow even more?" the dark haired boy asked, exasperated. "The rest of us can't keep up!"

Remus then greeted Peter and Sirius, who were equally as excited to see him. "How was the last one?" Peter asked. It wasn't hard to figure out he was speaking of the full moon.

"It was okay. Moony missed the three of you." He shrugged. "My Mum's pregnant though."

All three boys stared in shock. "What? How old is she?" James exclaimed. Both his parents were well into their 60s, him having been a miracle baby. They were lucky. Remus doubted they could handle another child alongside James.

Remus chucked. "I always forgot that you all have old parents. She's 35."

"And you didn't think to write us?"

"I didn't think it was important..."

"Of course it's important! Girls love babies and they love attractive men holding babies," Sirius said, his face lit up with excitement. "When's she due?"

Remus shook his head at his friends' hormones. Well, except for Peter. He just looked happy. "In about a week, I think."

The boys all jeered just as Lily Evans strolled up to the compartment. Her long auburn hair had gotten even longer and was trailing behind her as she walked. She had curled it the muggle way, as a single strand in the back was forgotten and pin straight.

"Remus, we have a meeting in five minutes!" She yelled, sliding open the glass door.

James just about melted. "Hi, Lily!" His cheeks flushed a bright red, and he ran a hand through his dark messy hair. "Your hair looks lovely."