Chapter-19

Author's POV

Nandhini went down stairs to see her mother in law doing her prayer.She silently went to her and sat beside her.

Nyonika was singing but she suddenly sneezed and to not to stop the Bajan Nandhini started singing . Nyonika was shocked she could not believe that a girl from today's generation knowing this Bajan till last stanza.No she is not that old fashioned it's just this is an old song and many don't know it's lyrics and she is  girl of this modern generation knowing this shocking her.

Before she could realise Nandhini completed Aarti and gave Prasad to Nyonika.

"Good morning mam"saying this she went to kitchen

.........................
In kitchen

"Shanti maa coffee thayar hai kya"Nandhini asked searching ingredients for breakfast.

"Nayi Ma'am ,aaj thoda late uta tha mai isiliye......"she hesitated

"Arey maa koi baath nayi mei hee Bana leta hoo"saying Nandhini took milk from fridge.

"Haan ek aur baath aap mujhe Nandhini bulao, nayi nayi aap na mujhe nandhu bulayiyae starfly mei na sab mujhe Nandu hee bulathi hai."Nandhini said chirping and adding sugar to glasses accordingly.

She remember Mukti saying Manik like earl grey tea even Manik mentioned it so preparing for everyone she said Tai to give them their respective drink she took Manik's tea and went to their room.

She saw Manik in formals dark green shirt and cream pants.He was gelling his hair and talking with someone with airpods connected

"Nayi Maddy I will reach there soon "Saying so he hung up and saw Nandhini standing with his tea

"Nayi Maddy I will reach there soon "Saying so he hung up and saw Nandhini standing with his tea.He remembered what happened some time ago and felt awkward.

She felt Manik being awkward so to distract him Nandhini thought to tease him.

"Manik won't you wear tie???"

"Nandhini I am a lawyer this is enough to meet people, I don't attend board meetings like dad"he said but did not turn

"Shit!!! just miss"she spoke like whispering but loud enough for him to hear.

"Why"he asked taking his tea from her.

"Nayi I thought to make you wear your tie by standing on my toe of course because of your height,and you holding my waist and making me stand straight so that I can balance but I guess I have no luck"hearing her Manik's tea struck in throat and started coughing.

Nandhini took tea from his hand and started rubbing his back.

"Kya yaar mujhe distract karne keliye iss thara baath karna zaroori hai kya???"he questioned irritatingly

"Thume kaise Patha"

"Bhool gayi lawyer hoon"saying he took his tea from her.

"Aur kya kartha,see Manik we live in same room this carelessness may happen again also,and you can't ignore me everytime haina."