Attack

Haley POV-

I and mariah was sitting in the room chatting about random stuff. I told her everything about my kingdom. She was astonished. She asked me reason for being a healer. I told her all the truth. I thought she is gonna pity me which i would definitely hate it, I'm telling you. But what shocked me that she accepted it without any emotion of pity on her face instead her face started glowing. She said that she is proud of me because its really difficult how i accepted my life as it is.  

Then i ask about herself. She said that she belongs to the other pack which beta steve found when he went to that pack on behalf of mr. Alpha's matter. They found each other by their scent and besides their wolves, they themselves fell in love with each other instantly. She appreciated steve too much for his work, looks, loyalty to this pack, and how much humble he is to other members even if they are omega. And she herself is beta's daughter.

She also told me that mr. Alpha helps everyone a lot. Though he didn't show any affection towards anyone like steve do but he indirectly help others very much. And I'm not gonna lie but my wolf was howling with joy after knowing that he is this much nicer to everybody. I'm proud to be her mate. I wanna know him more but by himself. But i think he is not that expressive. 

Suddenly, i don't know from where the idea of roaming in the jungle came to my mind. 

I requested mariah too much but she denied. When i was on the verge of fake crying she agreed. But she told me that we have to do this by escaping the eyes of gamma luca. Because he is incharge of here right now. And i agreed

I never have a run in the woods. I'm soo excited, And my wolf is more than me

By window, mariah look outside but there was no one. She asked me if i can jump out of the window or not in my wolf form.

My wolf agreed.

We turn into our wolf form. Mine was silver. Mariah's wolf was grey color with white patches in the back and her tail. She looked beautiful. We escaped.

She ran after me. I wasn't that fast but she managed with me by slowing her pace. We played a little bit by hiding behind the bushes or jumping on each other. Even our wolves were getting along really well.

We sat by the small lake. The silence and the voices cricket were making was peaceful.

She lied down on my back. Aww she wants to be pampered or what. I looked at her. She closed her eyes and i lied down so that my stomach would be flat and comfortable for her to lay on.

We lay there silently and we were enjoying that when a noise took our attention. She got alerted and by the next second she was standing on her four legs. Her eyes for a second glazed over and i thought that she is talking to someone.

I stood beside her too. A voice came into my mind. 

'We should go from here hal. Something is not right' 

Woah that voice sounds like mariah. 

'because i am the one talking to you right now. Wolves can mind link each other, now move your bloody ass and start running' 

She told me and i started running. She was behind me protecting from any danger. We ran, when a big wolf came infront of me suddenly and i stopped immediately. 

I gulped. He was huge and his eyes were red.

'Shit! Rouge'

Oh no. I know this. My mom told me about rouges when she tell me about my real mother being beaten by them.