Ancestoral Village

HaleyPOV-

"I can't believe this, why? Why the hell chris is doing this? He was never like this. I'm disappointed. " I heard steve whispering while i tried to open my eyes.

My head was hurting. And obviously my wolf is upset. She don't want to talk to me. I can feel her energy low. 

"This is the truth steve. Your bestfriend is doing all this to his own mate. That mate, whom he was dying to meet for years. And now when he got her, he is an asshole to her. See i am not even able to respect him behind his back. " she whisper yelled at him back.

I opened my eyes after few seconds when i feel myself normal. First one to notice me was mariah. She immediately stood up from the place and be my side by seconds.

"Hal, you are awake. God i was scared." she helped me to sit on the hospital bed with bed's remote. 

Steve came by my side and sat on the bed. "You okay, haley?" 

Is it a question. Offcourse I'm not dude. I glanced at him and then smiled a little before giving him a slight nod. 

" Yeah, she is definitely okay steve. Can't you see how much your so called bestfriend make his mate the happiest person on this planet" She said sarcastically glaring at steve. Oh no. 

"Why are you saying this to me mariah. It's not like I'm the one who told him to do this to her. I talked to him but if he is doing all of this, then what can i do?"

"Oh just shut up steve. If i were at your place, i would slap my bff for hurting their mate. You are useless" mariah cried 

I gasped at her statement 

"Woah! Wait did you just call me useless? Seriously mariah. What's my fault" Oh god,Why are they fighting because of me.

"Please. Please, my head is hurting. " i cried in pain so that they can stop their fighting. I don't want someone else bond to ruin because of me. "You guys are mad. It's not anyone of your fault. If your alpha dont want me in his life then why the hell you both are fighting"

"No haley, i will talk to him. He is just stupid not to understanding this precious bond in the world. He wants you. " steve stated while Mariah rolled her eyes. 

"Don't take his side steve. And i have decided. Only a week of my training is left. I will complete it and quitely go back to my home. I don't want to live and suffocate myself here anymore. I just want to go back. I'm strong but this pain is too much to handle. I will ignore him as much as possible. I won't talk to him, see him anymore. " i said trying my best to control sea of tears from my eyes. But they fell from my eyes on their own. 

I rubbed my chest to lessen my pain but it didn't happen. Mariah side hugged me. She is sobbing too.

Steve had unshed tears too. I cried again. It happened again. How could my happy life turned into a nightmare? Why did he ever find that i am a warewolf? If i had married to avon, then maybe i would be the Happiest queen on the earth. But this is my future. It holds pain for me.

I hope someday i would be better again. I would be happy again. Maybe, maybe not. I closed my eyes from immense pain in my heart. 

.

.

.

.

Days were passing smoothly if we don't talk about shamila and alpha. He didn't even tried to talk to me. Not even an apology.

I laughed internally. Didn't i expect too much from him. I totally focused on my training. Steve and mariah along with members of this pack didn't talk to alpha directly. They just nod or response with 'hmm' to his orders. Offcourse some girls were still showing him affection. Or you can say flirting with him all the fucking time. Some teenager boys tried to approach me but everytime alpha's offcials or steve himself glared at them.

Well talking about him with other girls, i don't care. 

Okay, okay i care. But i don't show it. Whenever he is near me, i avoid him. Alifiya is still hurt but she is strong. She started talking to me. But she also don't like him anymore. 

Or i can say, we are trying not to like him anymore. It's difficult, yeah. This mate bond is not easy to deny. We are bind to each other. I can even die if he rejected me, and so i want to. 

In between i talk to steve about my ancestoral village from where my father and mother belong. To be perfect in everything a healer could do, i have to know first, that what things i can do. What powers i have in me.

He find it easily. Me, steve, mariah went to my village. We try to find there my relatives. And a person took us to my aunt. She is my father brother's mate. 

She was a woman in her 50's with blonde hair. When i introduced myself, she hugged me like a mother. She cried a lot. Me and mariah got emotional with her.

She told me about my pack. How my father and mother was excited for me to be born in this world along with whole pack. She told me that a group of rouge with the help of a vampire and witch killed the pack.

But after that they were killed by their own community. And now there is nothing to be afraid of. But when steve told her the things happening to me, she got scared.

She told me to be safe and alert if these things are happening. 

When i asked her, why they want to destroy our pack. She hesitated,then simply said, that there is no reason. They just want to dominate our pack, because at that time our pack was the strongest one.

So i agreed.

Later on, she told me the things healer can do. She said that a healer can heal everyone, talk to moon goddess because we are special, wolfbane didn't affect us along with sliver equipments. 

She told me the method to do these things. But as she wasn't a healer, so she gave me a set of books from which i could learn everything easily. 

These books were written by my ancestors. 

I was grateful that i am having that. I'm blessed.

After hours of talking we took her permission to go back. She cried again and hugged me. She is the only one alive because even after some woman escaped from the attack, they died from the pain of their mates departure. I felt sad.

She is alive because, before dying my uncle rejected her. It's a miracle that she didn't die due to that pain. So basically she is free now.

I promise her to come and meet her frequently. Mariah too hugged her along with steve. My aunt like both of them.

She treat steve just like her own son and i noticed a glint of love for my aunt in his eyes. His mom died when he was small so maybe he missed his mom.

We come back to the pack. And obviously mr. Alpha and her so called fake mate shamila was absent. The mansion was empty coz it's night, so yeah me, mariah and steve were sitting in the garden at the mansion's back.

Two days more, and then i will be back to my kingdom.

Maybe this pain will be lessen.