CHAPTER EIGHT

It's the day of the ball, finally, after this day Alexander can leave and I will never have to see his face again, my mother organised everything to my outfit, hair and make-up, I've always trusted my mother with this type of stuff as I focus on my mafia, she had picked out a one-shoulder, red sparkly, a-line dress with a slit perfect to show off my heels, which were, of course, no other than red bottoms. My hair was in a low bun to show off the back of the dress as it deserves to be seen, my make-up was light and natural as my mother always told me I never need makeup, which is true as I never wear makeup except for mascara with Selena signature red lip, I was ready to go.

Since Alexander and I were the next heirs to our family mafia, we had to walk into the ball together to demonstrate on alliance in front of the other mafia, I don't see the propose of having the alliance with Alexander as my mafia is ten times the amount of his as mine controls basically half of the world and having politicians in the palm of my hand, no harm could be done.

As I reached the bottom of the stairs my family and the Russo's were all waiting for me, I looked around and saw both my father and Gio shed a tear whereas my mother and Mary walked up to me and complimented of my beauty, after thanking both parents a tall figure catches my eye, I see a handsome man in front of me, wearing a grey chequered suit with a red tie, of course, it was mothers idea to match. Alexander places his arm out of me to grab, I went on my tiptoes as my heels didn't even manage to reach over his chest as I whispered in his ear

"Once we are at the ball you can play your fantasy acted, but when we are alone, we are nothing"

His lips turned into a smirk, I rolled my eyes and started walking to the car.

An hour later, we arrived at the ball, flashes blinding my eyes, lord I hate these things I honestly don't see the point of these stupid balls, waste of time, before we could exit out of the car, Alexander leans in close to the side of my face and whispered "time to play Barbie and Ken" fuck me dead, his hot breath alone me wet, this time I'm the fucking idiot. Alexander exited out first and placed his arm out for me to grab, once I was out of the car, questions were flown at us, I never answer their questions as even if I do its never the truth, and me and Alexander entire inside, it was like a fairy tale, giant tress sounds the room with vines a crossed each and every one of them, fairy lights draped around the trees, flowers displays all over the table, now this is a fairy tale ball. Alexander and I did our rounds in greeting other leaders and future leaders and played the best friend card, ugh I cannot wait for Alexander to leave I can't think straight when he's around me.

Alexander went to grab me and him a drink as I stand to admire the decor as it was like a dream until I was wakened up from the dream when I heard a voice I never thought I would ever hear again, I turn to face that I fear most, the person that took everything away from me, my soul, my childhood, my life, he stands before me as the innocent act smells of cap walks up to hug me, I froze in my place as I thought Kamal had sent him away but he is here only a few feet away from me.

"Hello Celine"

"Adam"