Prologue

A/N: Before reading this book please read Mute Mate as this is the second book of the series. It would make more sense in the first book to understand what is going on. Thank you!!

~Y/N POV~

Fiddling with my fingers I bite down on my bottom lip nervously. The room is quiet as I'm seated in a chair positioned between Taehyung on my right and Jungkook on my left. Neither one of us have uttered a word to one another as we wait for Mr Kim, Taehyung's father to enter the office for a much needed discussion.

Jungkook's leg was constantly tapping away off the floorboards while Taehyung was just looking around the room in a world of his own.

I so desperately want to speak to Taehyung or even so much as touch him but he still only sees me as his sister's friend. I don't even know if he would understand me at this point like he once did or like Jungkook does. Taehyung just keeps his distance from both Jungkook and I and I even so much as moved out of this large house to a small cottage of my own to spend quality time with my son, Taejun and that way Taehyung can live here like he once did so it doesn't upset him.

It was my choice anyway and Jungkook literally lives next door to me but it's not like I live completely alone either, Jimin was stubborn enough to refuse my no when he insisted on moving in with me to help out with Taejun, Jungkook at least listened to me.

To be honest sitting in this room with them both was getting pretty awkward and I didn't even know what to do or pretty much how to move.

"So Y/n, Jisoo told me you can say a couple words now? Is that true?" Taehyung

I was surprised he broke the silence but I was glad he did. Turning to his side I just nod with a small smile, willing myself to look him in the eyes.

"Y-Yes."

I managed to speak out with my small voice and his eyes sparkled when he heard my voice and they even so much as twinkled with crimson red for a couple seconds before returning to their brown. It's obvious he still has his alpha rank but so does Jungkook and none of us have any idea how that is possible or what is to come out of it.

"Wow." Taehyung

He breathed out, gazing into my eyes with a wide grin but the door behind us opened and we both turned away to face the front.

"Okay sorry I'm late I was just trying to gather some things up before coming in." Mr Kim

Taehyungs dad, walked around us to the desk and sat down on the chair. Since Taehyung's death, he was taking on the position as alpha until Jungkook was ready to but since Taehyung is back, technically Taehyung can take it back but with Jungkook here and with his rank it's even more confusing.

"That's okay dad." Taehyung

Mr Kim hummed and dropped the large brown leather book on to his desk and then flipped it open and dropped both hands down on the yellow pages.

"Right so lets just get to it huh? Taehyung how far back can you remember again?" Mr Kim

"The day before I was due to leave the pack to meet Yeri." Taehyung

He stated loud and clear and I just sunk back in my seat, cringing when I heard her name. The two of them are close lately, just friends from what I know but not in a relationship of any kinds like they once were.

"Okay so you're sure you cant remember anything after that son? Nothing at all." Mr Kim

I looked up at Taehyung and he just looked down sadly, shaking his head. It still saddens me a lot that he doesn't remember what we both had. Jungkook in feeling my sadness took my hand on my lap and gave it a little squeeze which I returned to let him know I appreciated the support.