Chapter Five

~Y/N POV~

I don't know what's going to come of this conversation or whatever with Taehyung. I'm still surprised that he even remembers this place but I've come like he asked so I could get some possible answers from him about a few things. Just between us so there's no interruptions.

No Jungkook.

No Yeri.

Not even Jimin or Jisoo.

Just the two of us, alone and it's been a while since that has ever happened. The closest we've been to being alone was once when I was in the kitchen making breakfast and he came downstairs, stared at me in the doorway but left before I could say anything. That moment did last about a full minute in silence at least but hopefully this last longer than a minute and there's actual talking involved.

Hopefully I can muster enough words to speak to him. I have this feeling Taehyung may not feel much of what I do like he use to before he died. I think things are a little different now but not from my end, its more like from his.

Sitting on this hill, I curled up my knees to my chest, pulling up my cardigan from my shoulder and sat in waiting gazing out to the view around me. Even in the evening as the sun is going down, it's still a great view which is why it was Taehyung and I's place to come and enjoy each others company alone but yet out of the house.

There's good memories here but since Taehyung has come back its turned into sad memories. I just want things to be the same like they use to even if I know that wont happen for more than two reasons.

Honestly I'm not in a rush to get home, Taejun is safe with Jungkook for the evening. He offered to watch Taejun but wasn't so keen on myself coming here to speak to Taehyung alone but I shrugged him off about it knowing it's actually probably the best thing to do right now.

I just want to know what Taehyung has to say and how he remembers this place. Is his memory even coming back?

Deep in my thoughts I felt the hairs on the back of my neck stick up and this fluttering sensation in my stomach. I know what that means and yet I turned my head around over my shoulder to see what was behind me.

Taehyung.

I found him just standing there about ten feet away from me, hands tucking into his jeans and blank expression boring into my very soul. If I didn't know any better he was reading me, which is what he use to do all the time, stare at me blankly from a far and read me as if he could read my thoughts.

I sent him an awkward smile and waved at him just to turn back around to face the front. I heard him sigh softly and listened to his footsteps come towards me until he sat down beside me, pulling his legs up to his chest like myself and gazed off to the hills beyond.

There was silence between us and as much as I wanted to ask him what he wanted, I thought maybe to let him take his time and honestly I was just enjoying his company. I even counted up to 60 seconds which is a minute to see if he would leave like last time but no. It has to be at least ten minutes of silence before I heard Taehyung sigh again which was more heavier than the last.

"You can stop counting down the minutes Y/n. I'm not going anywhere soon." Taehyung

My eyes widen, showing my shock and turned my face towards him. Taehyung was still staring off to the sky but glanced at me raising a brow but grew a small smile after seeing my shocked face.

So he can really feel what I'm thinking then? I just thought it was a hunch of his or something.

"Y/n as soon as I came back I still felt connected to you. I was just very confused about it. All I could feel was your pain and that you needed me but instead I found Jungkook in the woods." Taehyung