Chapter 2: General Kaven

Eren

Eren and the young woman escaped from the General's palace to a horse that was waiting on the edge of a nearby forest.

Eren was trying to keep up with her hasty movements. She was on a mission. She was quick, light on her feet.

When they got to the horse, she quickly mounted up.

"You're gonna have to horse-pool. Hop on, kid." The woman said and pulled Eren onto the horse behind her. He didn't have the guts to protest since he had never ridden a horse and there were still people looking for them nearby.

She kicked the horse and they were off.

"You got a name, kid?" She asked as they sped through the forest.

"E-Eren, ma'am." He stuttered.

"Cool. The name's Kaven. Pleased to make your acquaintance." She smiled forward and continued to push her horse further through the trees.

After a couple of miles, they reached an incline where they met a large group of Kaven's men.

They spotted her from a few meters off.

"General Kaven is back!" A soldier yelled.

This cry caught Jean and Connie's attention. They had been hearing about this mysterious General Kaven for hours.

And they were caught by surprise.

For one, Eren was with her. And two, She was a woman. A beautiful one at that.

Everyone was already mounted up and ready to go. Supplies packed up and secured. Connie and Jean were placed in a wagon and told to stay put and not move.

Kaven rode up to the lined-up regiment and they all saluted.

"Thank you for the welcoming party, soldiers. At ease." She smiled and brought her horse to a stop.

Eren peeked out from behind her and spotted Connie and Jean. His eyes widened and they waved at him wildly.

"Uh, Ms. Kaven?" Eren whispered.

"Yes, Eren?" She said and looked back at him.

"I know them. Could I go over there?" He asked timidly. The entire regiment's eyes were on him, making him a little nervous.

"Sure, but that's where you're gonna be for the remainder of the ride. Get comfortable. You're too big to share a horse with." Kaven joked.

Eren nodded and quickly dismounted and ran around the lined-up soldiers to the wagon.

Captain Levi's eyes followed the young man skeptically and Kaven rode up beside him.

"Who are those two kids?" She asked and nodded to Jean and Connie.

"We found them in crates. Where did you find that one?" Levi asked her.

"General's palace. He didn't know where he was, so I took him along for the ride." Kaven shrugged.

"Your ability to trust is gonna cost you your life one day." He shook his head at her.